VersaPro Battery O-Ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GlennJ

Registered
Reaction score
I thought I saw this in a thread, but my attempts to search was futile (at least in finding out what I was looking for - found lots of other interesting threads instead)...

Anyhow, I have 2 Versa Pros, and I'm sick of paying >$20 for a "Battery & O-Ring Kit". I mean, honestly, the battery is $2 for the Sony brand pictured in the manual and I can't see >$2 for the O-ring - paying 5x the RETAIL cost of the components is silly.

Can someone help me with the O-ring to order (and a good site to order from)?

Thanks!

GlennJ:
I thought I saw this in a thread, but my attempts to search was futile (at least in finding out what I was looking for - found lots of other interesting threads instead)...

Anyhow, I have 2 Versa Pros, and I'm sick of paying >$20 for a "Battery & O-Ring Kit". I mean, honestly, the battery is $2 for the Sony brand pictured in the manual and I can't see >$2 for the O-ring - paying 5x the RETAIL cost of the components is silly.

Can someone help me with the O-ring to order (and a good site to order from)?

Thanks!

Here is a thread that talks about o-ring sources:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t86683-o-rings.html

Can't help you on the o-ring size. Try to call Oceanic technical support. Who knows - you might get a newbie who doesn't know he is not allowed to tell you.

Check in your local area for stores that specialize in hydraulics. Most of these places sell o-rings of every size. You can often find viton o-rings for your o2 regs as well. Most o-rings you buy there will fall below the $1.00 mark for scuba. Just take an old one in and they should be able to size it for you.
JK

Kennedydive:
Check in your local area for stores that specialize in hydraulics. Most of these places sell o-rings of every size. You can often find viton o-rings for your o2 regs as well. Most o-rings you buy there will fall below the $1.00 mark for scuba. Just take an old one in and they should be able to size it for you.
JK

If you do find out the size, could you post it for us?

Thanks

If you do find out the size, could you post it for us?

Thanks

The Versa Pro(and many other Oceanic computers) uses
a AS585 2-026 O-ring:

Nominal ID: 1-1/4
Nominal OD: 1-3/8
Nominal CS: 1/16
Actual ID : 1.239Ž±.011" (31.47Ž±0.28 mm)
Actual CS : 0.070Ž±.003" (0.070Ž±.003 mm)

--Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom