Oceanic Viz fins or Seadive searay fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honeydoe1

Reaction score
I'm an avid snorkler even though I live in Colorado. Lots of vacations to tropical islands. Took an exploratory scuba session, but not yet certified. At age 60, still pondering. Will I be able to keep up with all you young ones?;-) ----Time to graduate from my "baby" flippers to something better, especially since I want to have booties to enter the waters in Hawaii. Was considering the Mares Avanti Quattro, but I'm a small woman with narrow feet(size 8) and they seemed heavy and big for me. I also thought they were hard to release. Then went to another scuba shop and tried the two listed above in my title. Both are comfortable, but the Oceanic split fins are heavier. Seller said they would be easier to use in the water though than the lighter weight Searay fins. Both were comfortable on. I'm thinking I should go with the Searay's just because they're lighter, easier to carry if hiking to a snorkeling spot and perhaps good for my first REAL fins. I haven't seen the Searay fin mentioned. Is it a reputable brand? I want to enjoy the snorkeling, but don't care about having a work out. Any opinions are greatly appreciated. Need to make a decision soon. Also considering the Henderson(good brand?) 5mm.zipper boot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom