Need a partner for Friday 4/29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mello-yellow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I hope to dive on the morning of 4/29 -- would be my first dive of the year. Any location on Cape Ann, or perhaps Winter Island (Salem). If interested, please post or PM.

Make sure you give us a dive report and have a great dive there.

reefseal:
you can do shore dives off there?? I thought diving only by boat.

If by "there" you mean Winter Island, then yes, shore diving is possible, but is far from great. I dove there twice -- Sep. '02 and Sep. '03, -- and both times had to hug the shore due to boat traffic. Both times I got only to 17'-18' depth; lots of rocks, seaweed, and car tires.

So while I wrote "any location on Cape Ann, or perhaps Winter Island", I would prefer Cape Ann.

off my boat. I just got back from there after doing 2 dives today. I might be able to go if I can get daycare. I'll let you know.

Looks like quite a haul of scallops! How deep were you?

decapoddiver:
I might be able to go if I can get daycare. I'll let you know.
Thanks -- I'll keep my fingers crossed.

After reading your tagline, I realized that in the last 12 months I hammered exactly three nails. Although in that time period I also inserted and/or removed several hundred screws :) I guess the joke "If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail," should be for me: "If your only tool is a power drill..."

mello-yellow:
Looks like quite a haul of scallops! How deep were you?

About 60-80' on average. As to specifics... no deal :wink: I worked way too hard finding it to actually post the true location.

Hint: If Dave Diver leaves Winter Island at 8 A.M. in a boat averaging 27mph and arrives at the site within 30 minutes, how big a radius could dive site be within? If you can tell me within 300 yd's where my spot is, you get a cookie :eyebrow:

Hey, I never asked for specifics! :) Here is a (not-so-) secret -- I never dived for scallops yet. I really only wanted to know how deep you were, and how cold was the water.

Anyway, I still need a partner for Friday. I dive wet, so 60'-80' in 40F water is too cold for me... anyone interested in a shore dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom