Online/Computer Logbooks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently found DiveRecord.com. After looking over the features and pondering the ramifications I was wondering what other online or even what software might be out there and what our (ScubaBoard members) thoughts and opinions were on which ones were the most useful, userfriendly, convienient ect.

While I can search and educate myself on some of the sites and products available I could use help from those in the know who have used some of these resources.

I really like the fact that I can attach specific pictures to the "virtual" log. I am not looking forward to typing in all my dives to get me caught up. So I need some short-cuts to decrease my research time a little.

I would like to find the "best one for me". I only want to enter all that data once. You know what I mean?

Any experiences or opinions appreciated.

I use the crappy software that came with my Aeris Atmos 2 to download the computer data to my computer, I then import the data into Scubase. I like Scubase so far, you can easily modify the forms, reports, etc to suit your needs, but the standard layout is quite good. Overall, a good program and I would recommend it.

kazinvan:
I use the crappy software that came with my Aeris Atmos 2 to download the computer data to my computer, I then import the data into Scubase. I like Scubase so far, you can easily modify the forms, reports, etc to suit your needs, but the standard layout is quite good. Overall, a good program and I would recommend it.
I'm another Scubase user. No complaints so far. And if you don't like the built in reports, you can export to Access, Excel, ...

Thanks Kazinvan and Jackubson, for the information, I have downloaded the trial version and I will check it out. If it is what I am looking for $49.00 isn't a big price to pay for the software. So far it looks great.

Anybody else out there want to chime in with their favorite digital logbook brands?

WVDiver:
Thanks Kazinvan and Jackubson, for the information, I have downloaded the trial version and I will check it out. If it is what I am looking for $49.00 isn't a big price to pay for the software. So far it looks great.

Anybody else out there want to chime in with their favorite digital logbook brands?

I use SharkPoint already for three years. It's great, supports Palm (or if you have a PocketPC that one too) and Windows. It has a RDP system, Photo album, GPS/GIS features, dive computer import options and report builder. The SharkPoint (http://www.dreamdives.org support (24/7) is really super :wink: .

Just download the demo to test.

Regards,
Frank Schipper

Thanks spsc,

I will look into the Sharkpoint also.

Anyone else have suggestions?

I tried sharkpoint, but it will not import my Aeris data so it was not much help to me. I have a palm (Treo) so it would be nice to have my data there too, but no import, no good.

I'm not doing online, but the Smart Trac software that came with my Aliden Prime is amazing. It hasn't cooked my breakfast yet, and it doesn't have the kitchen sink, but it has and does everything else.

I tried Internet Dive Log, and have been very dissapointed. The program stopped working and they won't respond to my emails. So I figure I just threw the money away.

kazinvan:
I tried sharkpoint, but it will not import my Aeris data so it was not much help to me. I have a palm (Treo) so it would be nice to have my data there too, but no import, no good.

You are right, SharkPoint imports at the moment Suunto, Sensus, Uwatec and Mares computer data and the Aeris dive computer is (what DreamDives told me) in development and should be released in aug 2005. I myself use a Suunto Vytec, and I have to say it is really a great tool to have with me (when I'm on a dive trip). :eyebrow:

Frank Schipper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom