Laguna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I highly doubt it. lots of surface murk

John

Hi melionda,

Things change daily, but based on my Monday dive at Old Marineland, you might have some good snorkelling there.

We even got to swim with a pair of dolphins on Monday! They were only about 30 feet away!

Let us know if you go somewhere and how it was.

Christian

The cove at old Marineland to the left of the pebble beach (as you face the ocean) is a good snorkling site, as is the reef running along the shore.

vis was pretty bad.
didn't stay in long.
did see a dead male sea lion between some rocks to the right when you first get to shaws cove. Not sure but looked like a big bite on its side. the bite seemed shaped like a half circle.....

It does happen. And someone is burning the midnight oil.

Some days the vis is bad and some it is good. Winter is usally the better visilibity, warm water bring the red tides and poor visibility. But with a red tide you can move a few fee, or mile and get out of it, sometimes. Depending on how big the patch of red tide is. Often it is most of the coast.

Melionda,

You should come to our next Wrinkles Dive and BBQ on June 11th in Laguna. It's always a lot of fun and sometimes there are non-scuba divers hanging out with us.

Jim (mccabejc) said he was bringing the whole crew this time. They don't dive and I think 2 of them really like snorkelling!

This would give you a chance to meet many of us and maybe get in touch with some new snorkelling buddies.

Just a thought.

Christian

Back
Top Bottom