Question: Conversion from Yoke to DIN on B1 first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all, I know that this has been a topic of discussion, but I'd like to convert my Atomic B1 first stage from a yoke to din. Does anyone know if Atomic sells a conversion kit that is a simple and clean solution? I really do not want an adapter that is some funky add-on.

Can I do this myself (e.g., specialized tools that I might need) or should I to an Atomic dealer. I am fine with purchasing tools if they will come in handy for other regulator repairs (e.g., service). Are the conversion materials the same as my B1 first stage material (brass or SS)? Thanks, Charlie

Yes, they do sell one.
It's simply a matter of detaching your regs and spg from the the yoke and attaching them to the DIN.

Safe dives, safer ascents . . .

the K

Thank you Kraken for the help! Charlier...Yes, we do make conversion kits for our regulators. For the B series it would be our brass Yoke to DIN regulator and the part number from us is 01-0032-5P. This will permanently convert your regulator to DIN regulator. Thank you!

Din conversion: Amazon.com: Atomic Aquatics Yoke to DIN Conversion Kit for Permanently Convert to DIN (Brass): Sports & Outdoors

Let me add a bit more on the tool side of the swap. To remove the yoke one first removes the yoke knob and uses thin walled 1" Yoke Nut Socket.

One may be temped to use a open ended or adjustable wrench to remove the yoke assembly. The problem is that frequently the wrench slips and mars the brass which is soft. That does not happen with the socket. A regular socket may or may not fit. Thus the specialized socket.

For attaching the DIN assembly one simply needs an Allen or hex wrench. For both the yoke and DIN assemblies they should be torqued to 21 ft-lbs.

BTW you can take the yoke and and yoke knob and make it into a DIN-to-yoke adaptor. Just order the nut (01-0052-00) and adapter (01-0051-00). Then you have everything you need for DIN or yoke.

Last edited:
Hi all - Thanks for the feedback. This seems easy to do. I will order the 1" yoke nut socket and information on torque and the DIN-to-yoke adaptor. I am sure that I will certainly encounter yoke-only tanks in SE Asia. Lastly, thanks to scared silly for the link to Scuba Tools!

Din conversion: Amazon.com: Atomic Aquatics Yoke to DIN Conversion Kit for Permanently Convert to DIN (Brass): Sports & Outdoors

Let me add a bit more on the tool side of the swap. To remove the yoke one first removes the yoke knob and uses thin walled 1" Yoke Nut Socket.

One may be temped to use a open ended or adjustable wrench to remove the yoke assembly. The problem is that frequently the wrench slips and mars the brass which is soft. That does not happen with the socket. A regular socket may or may not fit. Thus the specialized socket.

For attaching the DIN assembly one simply needs an Allen or hex wrench. For both the yoke and DIN assemblies they should be torqued to 21 ft-lbs.

BTW you can take the yoke and and yoke knob and make it into a DIN-to-yoke adaptor. Just order the nut (01-0052-00) and adapter (01-0051-00). Then you have everything you need for DIN or yoke.

Scared Silly - DIN was not problem, thanks for the link to the Yoke Nut Socket. Where can I order the nut and adapter for DIN-to-yoke adaptor. This seems a better idea than ordering a DIN-Yoke adapter. I could not find it on the Scuba Tools webpages, mostly not knowing where to look. Thanks, charlie

Scared Silly - DIN was not problem, thanks for the link to the Yoke Nut Socket. Where can I order the nut and adapter for DIN-to-yoke adaptor. This seems a better idea than ordering a DIN-Yoke adapter. I could not find it on the Scuba Tools webpages, mostly not knowing where to look. Thanks, charlie

Those are special order parts from Atomic. The numbers I gave above are Atomic parts numbers.

Back
Top Bottom