Brisbane divers - fancy a GC seaway excursion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mantra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey all!

I was wondering if any Brisbane divers might be interested in catching up to do a shore dive in the GC seaway (slack tide) at some time? I don't have a date in mind or anything - but my buddy and I are planning on getting down there in the next month or so for a cheap, easy dive and would be happy to have company. It would be great to meet other Brissie scubaboarders!

Or if there are other suggestions, please fire away :) If people want to do a more interesting dive via a local charter or whatnot we'd be up for that too (we are OW divers, so have that depth limit).

If anyone wants our contact info, happy to swap it by PM.

Craig.

Sounds like a great idea. I haven't dived the seaway but have been told a bit of local knowledge of the tides is important. Apparently it is really quite good.

Another option might be cook island depending on what others think?

I know my regular buddy would probably be keen, and I might be able to convince a few others...

Thanks, mate!

I'd be totally up for Cook Island again too. We could go with Kirra dive, or with enough people there are some great charter deals to be had (we paid $60 for a double dive there recently). Great, easy dive. We swam with a leopard shark on the first dive and a Manta on the second. If anyone has a preference, please feel free to chime in.

My understanding is that the seaway is pretty unpleasant on all but a slack tide too :)

Yep, the Seaway is pretty rough when it's not slack, the entrance can be alittle troubling but the fish life is definitely worth the effort. I normally go one hour either side of slack, which gives you some time to get students/customers in to have a poke around.

Hey all!

I was wondering if any Brisbane divers might be interested in catching up to do a shore dive in the GC seaway (slack tide) at some time? I don't have a date in mind or anything - but my buddy and I are planning on getting down there in the next month or so for a cheap, easy dive and would be happy to have company. It would be great to meet other Brissie scubaboarders!

Or if there are other suggestions, please fire away :) If people want to do a more interesting dive via a local charter or whatnot we'd be up for that too (we are OW divers, so have that depth limit).

If anyone wants our contact info, happy to swap it by PM.

Craig.

I'll be there 12noon Sunday 13/05/12 should be perfect timing if the rain stays away this week. The waning moon's neap tide and swell will be gone too.
I'll be the Ranga in Zeagle bp/w, al80 and mares full wetty.

I'll be there 12noon Sunday 13/05/12 should be perfect timing if the rain stays away this week. The waning moon's neap tide and swell will be gone too.
I'll be the Ranga in Zeagle bp/w, al80 and mares full wetty.

I'd actually really love to meet you, Damo. I enjoy your posts!

Unfortunately, we will be doing a double dive at Byron that day, so won't be back up until mid afternoon.

Great idea to post here when anyone is going, though! The stars are sure to align sometime soon for people.

I'd actually really love to meet you, Damo. I enjoy your posts!

Unfortunately, we will be doing a double dive at Byron that day, so won't be back up until mid afternoon.

Great idea to post here when anyone is going, though! The stars are sure to align sometime soon for people.

Half your luck! love the dives with sundive down there....shows how successful a well policed protection zone is!
Jew over 10kilo and Snapper over 6kilo everywhere, in bad viz you bounce off them into the Grey Nurse sharks...
Have fun mate!

Hi all,

You guys enjoy but be safe in areas where current forces are the greatest.
I'm sure you will have a good time in Gold Coast Seaway. :wink:

Safe diving and don't panic, head for the surface, free air is up there!

Viz was crap!

photostream

Back
Top Bottom