Stuart Cove's Nassau Shark Dive Mini-Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asha

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wonderful husband gave me a shark dive at Stuart Cove's in Nassau for Valentine's Day. It was my third shark feed dive (UNEXSO on Grand Bahama and Beqa Lagoon in Fiji being the other two) and in my opinion the best run by far. I put up a few photos here on my blog.

We also dove with Stuart Cove's for the rest of the week. We don't usually choose to dive with these more commercial dive operators, but we had a pleasant experience overall. The visibility was consistently good (50-100+') and the diving was easy and fun. My only complaint was that the boats ran on so strict a schedule that bottom times were extremely limited, especially if transit time to the site was more than a few minutes (boat crew usually limited dive time to ~35 minutes). We mitigated this by always being the first off the boat and the last back on, and generally managed to eke out a slightly-more-respectable 45 minutes of bottom time per dive. The water was cold-ish (72!), so I wasn't really chomping at the bit for hour-long dives, anyway.

All in all, it was a really nice little getaway with a very professional operator whom I wouldn't hesitate to recommend!

Unfortunately that seems to be the big complaint about them in regard to dives other than the shark dives, is the very short bottom times, I've seen lots of reports of 30-35 minute dives. Really makes me shy away from diving with them.

Great pictures on your blog site!

I love the software that is running your gallery and how treats the pictures with the one you are viewing lightening up and the ones on the sides are dimmed down. Never saw anything like that before.

Was there in June, and didn't experience short bottom time issue at all. With that said, I was always first in the water and last out, and was "allowed" to go off on my own and "stray from the pack". Some boats had 6 people some had 20. I think the "push" is to get cruise ship people back on time perhaps ? Overall great experience :)

Mike: Thank you!

Muzikbiz22: We were "allowed" to dive on our own as well. I think you're right about the cruise ships; I was very impressed that every boat came back on schedule, and I've definitely complained in the past about other operators' boats being late. Once we figured it out, it was fine :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom