Having trouble keeping lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaknott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am thinking it is a sign from above, it appears that no matter what I attach my primary dive light to I loose it. I was on the Black Bart for a night dive in May and as I was getting back on the boat off came my C-8 diveLite. So this weekend some friends bought me a good light; from hydrospace the last time they were down there; and we were diving in the lake where visibility was less than three feet, and some how I lost it to.

I am bit fustrated here, each time I attached my light to my BC with what I thought was a good C-Clip and they always manage to come off. I am thinking on using a locking d-ring from my climbing gear. I know it sounds a bit much but I can't keep losing lights. :)

What does everyone else do to prevent this from happening?

Two words = Canister light

Really hard to lose when it is strapped to your body . . .

No actually i just use a stainless i believe it is called snap something, it has a ring on one end and a clip on the other. . . I know really descriptive, some one help me out here. . . anyway and i ensure it is in a pocket or is held to my BC strap. Look into getting a light that you can easily attach to your BC also try using the metal clips instead of the plastic thingys.

Thanks for the idea. I use that type of clip for my secondary light. The way I put my primary on has been the problem. I had what I thought was a good device; it had a metal clip and and had a retractable metal cable that allowed you to pull the light out and use it. Then it would retract when your not using it. But it was the one that got snagged while boarding the boat from the my Black Bart dive.

I used the retractable clips until i lost one light. . . Now all i use is bolt snaps and a piece of that 1/4" climbing line, i leave about 6" between the light and the clip and thats usaually enough to look around, if it needs to go farther i can un clip it than re clip it.

I use a retractor on my console because I'm usually just pulling it out for a quick look and I like then for that. I wouldn't use one on a light, more of a pain to use then having it free, and more dangly and apt to get snagged. Lanyrad on the wrist works well for not loosing it or letting it dangle for a moment if I need that hand. I just use a snapbolt or some kind of simple clip and stick it back on a ring when I need to, like right before getting back on the boat. In the daytime, I'm using a smaller light iwhen I use one and that just lives in my pocket.

Back
Top Bottom