Forward planning...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotty g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So dive equipment has developed over the years and lots of handy things have come about to make things as safe and assisting as possible.

50 years from now, your set up will probably be somewhat much different.

The US office of patents stated "Everything that can be invented has been invented" in 1899. In SCUBA...has it?

Scotty g:
So dive equipment has developed over the years and lots of handy things have come about to make things as safe and assisting as possible.

50 years from now, your set up will probably be somewhat much different.

The US office of patents stated "Everything that can be invented has been invented" in 1899. In SCUBA...has it?
I think there is probally a lot of room for innovation for safety and communication related gear. No question.

I would like to see gas so compressed it is a liquid, like propane, and put in a little tiny bottle! Cut down on the bulk!

highlandfarmwv:
I would like to see gas so compressed it is a liquid, like propane, and put in a little tiny bottle! Cut down on the bulk!

You definitely do not want to attempt to liquify a gas mixture you intend to breathe. Although it could be done, the vapors you need to create to breathe will likely not have the same ratios as the liquid. In the case of liquified air, I believe you will get more nitrogen and less oxygen in your vapor mixture than your liquid mixture. Maybe you could make the liquid mix such that the vapor is equivalent to air, but the ratio will always be changing as the more volatile component comes out of liquid.

Now, what you could do is have a tank of liquid nitrogen and a tank of liquid oxygen and blend them together on the fly. But it would require ridiculous pressures or ridiculous temperatures. Even then, there's that really annoying problem of breathing liquified gases every time the tank sloshes or you turn upside down. Talk about wet breathing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom