oms wing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamarcp

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has herd of switching locations of your inflator hose with your dump valve. I know in your manuel it says caution you have to have the warning label of your wing to your back, but if you switch locations it will be against the tank. But i cant see the problem or difference. The problem with me is that the inflator hose comes over my shoulder and it gets kinked and will not vent properly. If i switch it with the dump valve location it will come from the back of the wing and over top of my shoulder and i think it will work perfectly. Ive tried every adjustment on the back plate by raising it and lowering it but i cant seem to get rid of the kink, it just seems to come out of the wing and hits me in the shoulder blade than goes over my shoulder. I dive with a single tank adapter, it is also a banded wing. Ive seen this wing brand new with the inflator hose comeing from the back of the wing and over the shoulder and from the front of the wing and over the shoulder, any information would be great.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying but it sounds like you've got the wing mounted backwards. The side closest to the tank should have the inflator hose. The dump valve should be on the side closest to the diver.

I went and looked at the 60# wing on OMS's website.. I've never seen one of those but it does appear that its designed to be mouted with the lp inflator on the diver's side. Beats me.

I have switch mine in my used #60 wing. It was the bungee style, but the previous owner removed all that claptrap. It seems to work, filling and venting well, but I only have three dives on it as I just got it. I can reach both dumps as well.

Is it a question of being right or left handed? I saw the wing and must be having a bad day....the problem is you route it behind your neck or the natural routing of the hose is problamatic??

Back
Top Bottom