Oceanic Datamax Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have an old model Oceanic Datamax Pro dive computer (not II, not Plus, not Sport)... plain old Datamax Pro. It is in excellent condition with new batteries. Can anyone tell me what a fair market price would be for one and if there is a market for it? eBay here I come. Thanks. :confused:

If you're putting it on eBay, the system will tell you.

Start it at $.99 and put up lots of pix, good description and a serious title such as "Oceanic DataMax Pro SCUBA Diving Dive Computer"

The eBay search engine works off of that title line, so hit all the points!

eBay will tell you exactly what it is worth.

Understand well how eBay works, learn to use the :search: and you'll find recently sold items such as this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Oceanic-Datamax...ms=39:1|66:2|65:13&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

He did okay- Even though he royally botched the item title field, narrowing his visibility greatly with only using "Oceanic Datamax Pro"- He cut out everyone shopping for a scuba diving computer that wasn't specifically looking for that exact model. He also didn't show or fully describe whether there were any scratches on the lens. That's pretty basic stuff. He also said some really boneheaded stuff about the battery- made it seem hard to obtain. Watch what you say! If it doesn't have a manual, the phrase is: obtainable free online as a PDF file from www,xyz,com All in all he did a pretty awful job, but it did sell for quite a few dollars.

Looks like the one he sold went for $130.48 and yes~ he did start at 99 cents.

Hi If you still have it I will send you a crisp $100 for it .

Let me know Thanks Joe

Last summer I picked up two of the older DataMax Pro dive computers really cheap. Getting the J battery around here is no issue at all. I Live in small town Wisconsin and picked up a spare J battery at "Fleet Farm" . Possibly you can buy the battery on line. The packaging states that it has "Duralock Power preserve" and the use by date is March of 2018. The Duracell number is 7K67B

Do you know if these old computers are consider to be liberal or conservative compared to the newer computers?

Oceanics are liberal. I like that, but don't push the limits unless I have to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom