Owner of only LDS called up for duty!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seakdivers

Reaction score
The new owner of our only local dive shop was just called up to serve last week!
He and his wife were due to sign the final purchase papers for the shop that same week - now it's on hold until he gets back. (They are telling us that it will be about 6 months). He only had 2 months left in the reserve!
Anyway, what's kinda cool is the guy they were buying the shop from QUIT his new job so that he could come back and run the shop until Brian could make it back. :wink:
Like he said - Hey, it makes the cash flow at home a little tight, but it's the least I could do.

I just thought I would share - I thought it was a kinda cool story.

I think he meant it was "cool" of the person selling the shop to quit his new job to cover the shop while the person making the purchase is deployed...

Jeff

it is cool that the old owner is covering for the new guy. If he gets home soon enough maybe there will be a victory sale. wouldn't that be nice

Somebody send me contact info for the new LDS owner and I'll be sure to help his cash flow when he gets home! It's a matter of principal.

I'm sure my buddy and LDS would understand and agree.

Seak,

It is a great story. It does make me happy to see some people uniting to help others at times like this. One of my professors was called to duty and there is a good chance a friend and fellow class mate will be called up before the end of the semster. I just hope that they make it back to pick up their lives where they left off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom