How do you guys hang your BC(s) & Wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkipperJohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have my BC on a standard wooden hanger and my wetsuits on 4 wide plastic hangers clustered together. Is this OK? Do I need to get special hangers?

I use these for my BC's
bchanger2.jpg

And these for my wetsuit/drsuits.
ss3blk_front300dpi.jpg

BTW, I always hang my wetsuits inside out to dry. Right side out to store.

I use 4 hangars total for all my gear. They are all heavy plastic that I got from my LDS. One for the BC, one for the wetsuit, one for my boots, gloves, and hood, and one more for my fins, mask, and dive socks (my feet get cold easy, so I wear an extra layer of neoprene). Everything hangs on a piece of cotton line strung up in my garage to dry, unless I have a dive the next day, in which case it gets hung in my shower.

Its all in my closet.. Using the standard dive hangers..

We wash the gear in the tub usually with sink the stink or something similar.. then hang above the tub using a pole to hang everything to dry. .Then it gets moved into the closet.

You MUST hang all scuba equipment on very expensive hangers designed and overpriced for such an application! :D

Seriously, I do own the thick plastic hangers. There is one for the BC (flat), one for the drysuit (normal looking but thicker), and one for Reg, booties, ect. They work well, but when I travel, I take the BC hanger, and use regular hangers for everything else.

You don't NEED special hangers. I purchased mine when LP had a sale for all three for $12. Just make sure your wetsuit hanger is heavy duty... if it's thin, it can put some creases in the wetsuit.

Do I need to get special hangers?

I bought a few of these special hanging devices which I fastened to the wall. Because of their unique design and construction I am able to align one of the the holes on my BP's with the distal end of these devices in order to hang them to dry...

nails.jpg

:D

Last edited:
I bought the special hangers because I was tired of picking my bc and drysuit up off the floor when they fell of the regular hangars. I probably paid too much from the LDS. At least I actually got something for "supporting the economy" as opposed to the AIG execs that got my tax dollars.

I am going to build a pvc rack to hold the rest of my gear in the garage while it is drying.

Definitely protect the shoulders on your wetsuit, the rest can be jerry rigged. Bungee hooks work for regs and bc, i made a pvc drysuit hanger (to hang it by the ankles) for $5 vs buying the same thing for $20. As long as everything's ventilated and stress on the material is minimized you're good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom