Scuba police...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Plongeurs, attention aux contrles de la gendarmerie ! - France - LCI

Wow... they do take cert cards seriously over there! ; )

For those who don't speak french, basically they do spot checks on divers (in the water!!), ask for they name, cert level and issue fines if they're diving outside their cert. The amount of divers controlled is probably really really small. They also check boats for safety equipments and instructors certs.

Well I don't speak French and I can't view the article for some reason, but woah! I don't know if I should be thinking its cool or stupid or just plain wierd. Haha but its the French, so you never know :D

But some places I've dived in might benefit from this kind of neurotic bordering on OCD control.

So the french cops get solo diving certs???

Haha, wouldn't surprise me too much after talking to some people on this board

That is actually quite hilarious. Looks like those submersible PADI c-cards that clip to your BCD are going to start selling well in France!

Ah ... gives new meaning to the concept of FROGmen.

Who is the main cert agency in France? Is it Padi or some local organisation?

Plongeurs, attention aux contrles de la gendarmerie ! - France - LCI

Wow... they do take cert cards seriously over there! ; )

For those who don't speak french, basically they do spot checks on divers (in the water!!), ask for they name, cert level and issue fines if they're diving outside their cert. The amount of divers controlled is probably really really small. They also check boats for safety equipments and instructors certs.

I'd love some of them in the Caribbean, but for protecting the reef, not the divers.

It would be really cool to have a cop sneak up on some moron trampling the coral, demand his C-Card and punch a hole in an "I Was Stupid" check-box right on the card.

After two punches, the card would be invalid.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom