Popular German Scuba Forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eins

Registered
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I googled but can't seem to find the big ones. I'm sure they are there. Who knows some of their big sites?

Thank you.

You can always try the Travel and Dive Club forum for Europe here first. They should be able to direct you from there.

Western Europe - ScubaBoard

Carolyn:shark2:

Thank you, Carolyn. I just cross-posted, and if they flame me for cross-posting, I'll blame you, hehe (just kidding).

Danke David.
Aber Ich spreche keine Deutsch. Ach Googlen putzen schutzen translatzion gepressen.

Bitte schön, knowone.

You can usually get the gist of what is going on in a foreign-language scuba forum thread by running the text through Google Translate. The fact that the subject matter - diving - is familiar, shared, territory can be a big help when trying to bridge the gaps that Google leaves behind. I happen to know German because I've studied the language, but I've often used the tool to render into English scuba blogs and threads in Chinese and Japanese, languages which I don't know. The results aren't always elegant, but I can usually work out what the writer is saying and, an added interest for me, I also get a little insight into how Far Eastern languages function as well as some understanding of the culture underlying them.

I'm hoping that "Eins" ("one" in German) lives up to his/her user name and knows enough German to benefit from reading German scuba forums.

David

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom