world record

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that's what I call a Basic SCUBA Dive!

Now that's what I call a Basic SCUBA Dive!

jajajaja, I just have no buisness in advance nor TEC, I'm actually below Basic, still it impressive what this guy achived

Just for some perspective, Hannes Keller broke 1,000' on a bounce dive in December of 1962. Two divers on the Navy's Mark II Deep Dive System broke 1,000' in saturation a decade later. The deepest open sea dive was in 1988 to 1,752'. The deepest chamber dive was to 2,300' in 1992.

Granted, none of these were in Scuba. However, making this dive on Scuba didn't exactly extend the reach of mankind. Many people are predicting that the 1,000' mark will be broken by freedivers within the decade.

Last edited:
Just for some perspective, Hannes Keller broke 1,000' on a bounce dive in December of 1962. Two divers on the Navy's Mark II Deep Dive System on broke 1,000' in saturation a decade later. The deepest open sea dive was in 1988 to 1,752'. The deepest chamber dive was to 2,300' in 1992.

Granted, none of these were in Scuba. However, making this dive on Scuba didn't exactly extend the reach of mankind. Many people are predicting that the 1,000' mark will be broken by freedivers within the decade.

Sorry for my ignorence when you mean "bounce" you mean to touch the mark and take off, kind of taking a selfy on a plase to let know you been there, right ?

Just for some perspective, Hannes Keller broke 1,000' on a bounce dive in December of 1962.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Certainly a milestone in diving, but ill prepared which cost the lives of three Englishmen.

I was there as a spectator. Were you?

They planted the American and the Swiss flag on the bottom and began their decent...a bounce dive, but proved man could reach 1000 breathing from a mixed gas mixture using US Diver's Calypso SCUBA regulator.

Long time ago and many memories

SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom