The Lighthouse Hotel - Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefdiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If you are researching Utila and want a great place to stay, I highly recommend the Lighthouse. It is on the main street just a few step away from Utila Dive Centre.

At the Lighthouse you will find an owner who is eager to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms have a kitchen, microwave and private bath. Everything is kept in tip top shape.

I had the trip booked at another hotel which was very nice as far as the outside gardens and restaurant. The sheets were stiffer and rougher than curtains. The room was tiny and the bathroom was scary....dirty. There were no seals on the window and the walls were thinner than rice paper. Since this place catered to backpackers, and our room was within range of the all night party at the pool, there was little to no sleep. Plus the nice people who were above us had to get up for their early ferry out, so at 5:00am the items dropping on the floor sounded like land mines exploding. But I digress, let me get back to telling you about a great place to stay!

Mr O'Neil at the Lighthouse was a breath of fresh air. He picked us up in his golfcart to help us move. I noticed he was picking up all of his guests this way!! There was plenty of fresh water, good internet connection and friendly faces ready to assist. Did I tell you how soft the sheets felt after sleeping elsewhere for two nights? O'Neil is well known and respected on the island. He will steer you in the right direction as far as dinner recommendations and more.

I did not go to Utila for world class resort accomodations. However, I found that for not that much more money, you can stay at a very nice, waterfront hotel that actually cares for its guests. I expected to be roughing it, but when the other place showed not concern for loud guests disturbing others and kept promising each day to fix their wireless internet connection I soon tired of the plastic faced canned responses that had no air of concern for guest satisfaction.

Check him out at info@utilalighthouse.com. The website is coming soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom