Kayak Brand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A local shop is selling off their 2009 rental kayaks. The are all Wilderness systems "tarpon 100", a 10' model. Will these carry enough gear to use as diving kayaks?

I own a few touring kayaks but I have never dived from a kayak.

I would recommend around a 13' kayak for the Pacific Ocean. The length will help with many things including stability, tracking in the wind, speed, load capacity, ability to store all the gear needed, and there are probably other reasons too.

REI has some for sale in their outlet store too that are brand new.

you can also try a two person kayak they usually have alot of room also might consider an ocean kayak they are usually longer and more stable platforms and sometimes can be outfitted with a make shift sail.....

Try craigslist for a good deal on an Ocean Kayak. I utilize a 13 ft. Prowler and its great, friend has a Tarpon 120 and has no problems. They handle great in the Atlantic...

Back
Top Bottom