Bonaire restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

choiahoy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey S Board,

My wife and I will be in Bonaire for her 40th Birthday. Any recommendations for a great restaurant for dinner that night?

If I had to pick one it would be At Sea but Appetite, Capriccio and It Rains Fishes were great too.

My top 3 for a birthday dinner:
Capriccio's food, wine list and service is stellar. Lola does a stellar job stocking well priced, unusual, small vints and is a valuable resource for food paring. Reserve a table outside (inside is very loud) and watch the sunset.
Mona Lisa is another favorite, sit street side and watch the town stroll by. Monique is a great resource and fellow foodie, never feel rushed.
Wils Tropical Grill the courtyard setting is heavenly, truly feels tropical.

I've celebrated several birthdays at Mona Lisa and Wils, but the view at Capriccio trumps them both. As long as the Freewinds isn't docked across the street pumping off waste (as it was in March) the view is lovely.

Capriccio's. Don't forget the insect repellant! And wish her Happy 40th from SB.

Not sure what you are looking for by way of great - best food, best service, best view, ambiance etc. We have had very good meals at Mona Lisa and we like the location and vibe but it is not waterfront with a view, it is street front with a street view. We enjoy it but not sure if that is what you are thinking. We enjoy sunset dinners at Capt Dons reserving the table they have that is on the water and steps down from the dining area. You are out over the water and kinda by yourself. The views and ambiance is great. The food is good, not great. Very enjoyable if your expectation is a great view and okay-good food. We also enjoyed La Guernica. We liked the view of the harbor, outside streetside and casual dining of tapas and seafod. Again the food was okay-good and the view very good. I don't see this restaurant mentioned when people talk about their favorite place to eat but we enjoyed and would return. Maybe the best advice it to look around when you get on to Bon, check out some of the places recommended and make your choice. Enjoy your trip.

At sea is my first choice followed closely by capriccios. Both are special and fairly high end.
there are other good restaurants on the island, but not special.

Thanks for all the great info! I think we have it down to At Sea or Capiccios. Both menus look great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom