Question Bonaire shore vs. Klein Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess you have mot done the East side or the far north?
Correct, I have not. But what I enjoy most about Bonaire diving is just parking myself near some piece of reef and remaining very still while all of the life comes to check me out. Can do that from any shore diving site on the island.

For sure you should consider East Side Boat Diving. Totally different experience than anything on the West.

I personally don't find the Klein sites to be worth the time, cost and boat ride.

Couldn't agree more.

Another source of good info are the YouTube videos from Kevin and his wife. If you have not seen them already, I recommend them.

Thread 'New Bonaire YouTube Videos' New Bonaire YouTube Videos

Especially if the far north sites are still closed, I would for sure recommend a Klein boat dive, and if the boats can hit the far north sites (seems unlikely to be allowed if shore diving isn't), do that for sure.

If I could only do one boat dive, it would be East Coast Divers, but if you can do two, then add Klein -- I went with Dive Friends and it was great.

Especially if the far north sites are still closed, I would for sure recommend a Klein boat dive, and if the boats can hit the far north sites (seems unlikely to be allowed if shore diving isn't), do that for sure.

If I could only do one boat dive, it would be East Coast Divers, but if you can do two, then add Klein -- I went with Dive Friends and it was great.
What do you mean by "far north?"

We’re just ending a week at Buddy’s and for one of our three boat trips they took us north to Country Garden, which was my favorite dive of the week.

Hey everyone! Just booked a trip to Bonaire in October. We've never been, so my question is whether it is worth the cost/time to take a boat trip to dive at Klein Bonaire vs. just hitting more of the shore diving spots on the main island. Will be there for a week; our package includes unlimited tanks for shore diving. Any advice on the shore diving is also welcome! Thanks!!
Been going for thirty years and havent been on boat since our first trip. Klein may be worth one boat dive . Make a point to dive north past Bopol Oil tanks . The road looks like you shouldnt be on it but is is fun and fine. Just my opinion. Have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom