Anyone going to be in Bonaire from May 9 - 16, 2015?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruzbound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,
We are a wife and husband traveling to Bonaire for a week in May, from the 9 thru 16. We were wondering if anyone would be interested in shore diving with us. We are vacation divers, have about 70 dives each and have dived many areas of the Caribbean, Florida Keys, Hawaii and Cozumel. We are confident in the water and diving, however we have always gone with guides and not sure if we want to venture out with only two of us in Bonaire. We would love to meet some divers and dive with others in Bonaire. If anyone would be willing to let us join them, we would be very appreciative. We will be getting a package for our vacation so we will have a vehicle and can meet up wherever it is decided for the day. We look forward to hearing from others.

Thanks,
cruzbound

I won't be there though wish I was. My first dive trip after certification was Bonaire and had similar concerns. No reason for them. The diving there is SUPER easy. You can dive any of the sites that are not at the extreme ends of the islands with great confidence that you will find your way back to shore without a problem. Now I go there to enjoy the freedom to go where I want, when I want, for as long as I can make my computer or tank last. You will have a great time!

Wife/Buddy and I will be there that week. Staying at the Plaza and boat diving in the morning and shore diving in the afternoon. Happy to show you some of our favorite sites if afternoons work for you. We tend to dive the southern sites including down as far as Vista Blue. Easy access is important for us. So be flexible if a particular site doesn't look good. Navigation is super easy - east will bring you back to shore :wink: Ping me before the 9th and remind me!

mbs - just sent you a PM.

Everyone else - any can't miss shore dives we should do?

Thanks, cruzbound

I'm a big fan of the southern sites from the Lake on down past Invisibles. Up north 1000 Steps is a gorgeous site with very easy entry. I am headed there in less 3 months and intend to hit some more sites that are further north that sound amazing. When you get settled in pick Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy for a great guide to the sites.

Back
Top Bottom