Apeks WTX??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shunorlax

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Everyone. As you can see, Im brand spankin new to this website. haha. Well. Ill go straight to the question! Recently, I've been looking into the Apeks WTX harness... But I've only seen picture online and stuff so I havent actually seen an actual one, or tried one. So if theres anyone out there that has it or have anything to say about it, just shout it out! And does it require an additional back plate or no? Because I read that you "can" slide a BP into it but I dont know.

Thanks!

I'm 6"3" an 215 lbs, but still found that the medium fit perfect. I used a Dive Rite wing on the BC. You can use most any wing available. I kind of miss it as I sold it to my next store neighbor and he never dives. I especially like the weight pouches that you can purchase with it. Hope that helps. With out the wing you should be able to find it for $250 To 300.

Chuck,

How can you remember what you like? - LOL. So tell us how many BC's/BP's have you had in the last 5 years?

I think they may have some sort of support group for your type.

Hello Everyone. As you can see, Im brand spankin new to this website. haha. Well. Ill go straight to the question! Recently, I've been looking into the Apeks WTX harness... But I've only seen picture online and stuff so I havent actually seen an actual one, or tried one. So if theres anyone out there that has it or have anything to say about it, just shout it out! And does it require an additional back plate or no? Because I read that you "can" slide a BP into it but I dont know.

Thanks!

The harness is just a long piece of webbing (like a seat belt) with buckles and D-rings on it. You thread it through a backplate so it creates the shoulder and waist straps. So yeah you do need a backplate in order to use a harness. The whole contraption is simple stuff, and you really don't need to worry about who makes it.

That said, I absolutely LOVE the WTX harness. I don't use one, but I had one for about a week and it is literally bulletproof. The buckles, d-rings, spacers, and everything else on it are twice as thick as just about anything else out there. You really can't go wrong with it.

I have two. One for my lovely bride and one for myself. They are built tough and rugged. My wife loves the weight pockets, I don’t like them and prefer the weight belt. (want to buy ‘em?) I used to dive a DiveRite TransPac (older version) and in my humble opinion, the WTX harness beats it hands down. The WTX harness will accept any standard wing, and I use the DiveRite 30lb Venture (older model).

Yes, you can slip a backplate into the harness should you decide to dive with doubles but as a singles (HP100) diver, I find no need for the plate. However, since I’m moving into a Drysuit, I added two 5/16” x 3”x 13” stainless steel plates for an additional 6lbs of ballast. They just slip into the backplate pocket and you never know they are there.

All in all, I love them.

Yes, you can slip a backplate into the harness should you decide to dive with doubles but as a singles (HP100) diver, I find no need for the plate. However, since I’m moving into a Drysuit, I added two 5/16” x 3”x 13” stainless steel plates for an additional 6lbs of ballast. They just slip into the backplate pocket and you never know they are there.

All in all, I love them.

Teamcasa,

The WTX I had was just a backplate + hog harness. Is what you were describing totally different?

Teamcasa,

The WTX I had was just a backplate + hog harness. Is what you were describing totally different?

This is what I have.

wtx_harness.jpg

WTX Harness

Thank you all very much for the helpful info!! So I read that it fits mostly any wing. Do you think it will fit the oxycheq mach V??
Like this?Mach V
Thaanks again.

Thank you all very much for the helpful info!! So I read that it fits mostly any wing. Do you think it will fit the oxycheq mach V??
Like this?Mach V
Thaanks again.

Yep...Maybe.. I can't tell if you can run the cam straps through it.

so does anyone have any suggestions to which wing is like the simple and best? Im looking for one for a single tank / donut shape (because i like the way they look) and about 30 lift. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom