Weight Integrated BCD - Pouches falling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I've bought a brand new SEA ELITE Scout BCD from Divers-Supply. It has already 12 dives. It's a WI BCD.
The first 2 dives I did with it I've used 3 pounds soft weights in each pouch. Rest of the weight in my weight belt.
The following dives I did I put 4.4 pounds (2 kgs) hard weights in each pouch. Rest in my weight belt. I've been diving since with no problems up to this past weekend.
The problem I had was that the pouch falls from the pocket and it remains hanging from the fastening clip. I had to unclip the pouch and store it in the BCD pocket.

I think that the problem is that I put a little amount of weight in the pouch and so it can move inside the pouch and pouch pocket.
I was diving with a sum of 22 pounds (10 kgs) distributed as : 4.4 pounds in the BCD and 5.6 pounds in my weight belt (3 x 2 kgs hard weights).
Please give me some advice.
Thanks in advanced.

This is an economical light weight BC so there are design differences (price driven) that sometimes lead to performance issues. For a simple fix, you may want to lose the Wgt. Belt and put all the weight in the BC. This may actually take up more room in the pocket which will not allow for the pocket to slip out.

I hope this helps.

I'm not familiar with that BC but it may have stiffeners which are broken.

Stiffeners is good.

Get a cheap "plastic" cutting board, cut to fit, mould with hairdryer,
poke inside.

This is an economical light weight BC so there are design differences (price driven) that sometimes lead to performance issues. For a simple fix, you may want to lose the Wgt. Belt and put all the weight in the BC. This may actually take up more room in the pocket which will not allow for the pocket to slip out.

I hope this helps.

Hi Wayne, though I agree that my BCD is a cheap one, the same problem has been reported with many WI BCDs. I don't know if the Cressi Back Jac BCD is a cheap one (at least the MSRP is $ 600, which is 3+ times the price of my BCD), but the same problem has been mentioned here.

Any way, I've added a 316 stainless steel 1 mm thick plate with the same interior size of the pocket and will test it in a few weeks.

Well, it seems that the problem is solved. After 6 dives no slide.
I did two 2.5 kg hard weights with a size of 18 cm x 10 cm x 1.3 cm
I've covered them with nylon and then with 3 mm neoprene. The neoprene was a netbook case.
The weight fits tight in the pocket using the whole space.
Now it didn't slide.

Attachments

• IMG_6176.jpg
    IMG_6176.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_6177.JPG
    IMG_6177.JPG
    291.2 KB · Views: 93
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom