Sea & Sea DX-2G, tray/arm, YS-01 TTL strobe $850 + shipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just upgraded cameras, and so I am selling my used (but well cared for!) rig.

LOOK AT ALL YOU GET!

I am asking $850 plus actual shipping charges. The camera is a few years old now so isn't sold commonly, but you may find this DX-2G and YS-01 "sport package" for $1700 new if you look around. One was listed on ScubaBoard for $950 used a couple of months ago too.

What else will you need to start shooting? 4x AA batteries for the strobe, an SD card and whatever kind of bolt snaps and retractors you favor to secure the rig to you during a dive. (You can use alkaline AAs, but if you want rechargeables you must use low-self-discharge batteries, sold under the Sanyo Eneloop brand among others.)

I have used this camera/strobe combo for a few years. It's a pretty nice point & shoot style rig. There is a little bit of tape residue on the outside of the housing, but the equipment is very healthy--I never had a leak, and you can't see a speck of corrosion on the button shafts. I'm very confident the camera, housing, and strobe will give trouble-free service. (However, I would advise getting new o-rings for the camera and strobe, they are not intended to last forever and it's prudent to replace them every year or so.)

Here are some sample pictures from my Roatan trip in 2010: Wrongcrowd Gallery :: Fantasy Island, November 2010

The DX-2G is actually a Ricoh GX200 with different firmware, and it's a pretty decent pocket land camera too. I was actually really impressed with the menu systems, it offers a lot of manual control. There is even a "snap" focus mode that takes advantage of hyperfocal distance shooting. Wide angle and macro lenses are available for the DX-2G housing, though I don't have any experience with them.

The TTL flash metering with the YS-01 works pretty well. I always shot with the strobe in TTL and the camera in manual mode, 1/125, and adjusted aperture as needed to allow for more or less background light. The camera and strobe easily lasted for 2 or more dives.

Any questions, let me know.

Are you willing to sell the strobe, fiberoptic, tray and arms separatley?

No, I don't want to break up the package. (Unfortunately I can't edit the post to add that, I've been asked many times.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom