Enriched Air Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am starting the enriched air-nitrox course tomorrow and am really excited about it. :D However, I would like some views on a good enriched air dive computer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

H2Andy:
i always recommend the Aeris Atmos 2; i had one a long time and loved it.
completely trouble-free.

cheap, everything you need, reliable, cheap batteries, and you change them yourself.
also, the batteries last for ever.

http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Atmos2Wrist
As usual, I agree with Andy.

I dive an Oceanic Veo 250. I understand it to be similar to the Aeris Atmos 2. Cheap, easy, user-serviceable batteries, battery life forever, nice functionality. I find the graphics easy to read and use.

On another note, the Oceanic and others promise you lots of bottom time, more than some other computers (notably Suunto). If you want a more "conservative" computer, the Suunto Gecko or something else in that family may suit you. (FWIW - I think they are too expensive and you have to give them back to the shop to service, but my buddy swears by his).

DiveRite NiTek Plus :)

Sunto mosquito
Sunto Stinger
Sunto D6
Sunto D9

PenguinAdLitem:
On another note, the Oceanic and others promise you lots of bottom time, more than some other computers (notably Suunto). If you want a more "conservative" computer, the Suunto Gecko or something else in that family may

I know the Oceanic is giving you more bottom time. I dove with a buddy who had one and I dive a Genesis React Pro. On the final dive we did I had to tell him to start up because he had about 10 minutes of time left and I only had a few. Of course I hit 119 feet and he had 114 feet, maybe that's why but I am not completely sure of it.

It almost takes Nitrox on mine to equal Air on Oceanic, I'm not sure that's a good thing or not. I do know on repetitive dives you be down longer with Oceanic.

I know I did Nitrox dives the following day and with me using 32% and the other diver using air, on multiple dives with a max depth of 70 feet for 45 minutes and a surface interval of around 45 minutes for each the air diver was in no danger of exceeding his NDL according to his Oceanic computer. I wasn't either, but we were close in terms of how the computers presented the Nitrogen loading.

I have a Suunto moquito and a DiveRite Duo. I dove w/ both of them at the same time last week. I was surprised to find the Duo was more conservative than the Suunto. I wore them on the same wrist at the same time, the depth readings were very consistent, but the bottom time remaining could be quite a bit shorter on the DiveRite after doing several long deep diveng (30m w/ EAN32). Since the Duo is easier to read, allows a gas switch and is more conservative it would be my recomendation. It's major problem is every 24hours it resets youe O2 value, if you forget to set it it assumes an O2 of %100.

There are a lot of good compuers. Just try to stick to a regular size (not watch) computer without air integration. That way you get something with user replacable bateries, easy to read display and he best value. Needless to say, lots of folks around here have air integrated computeres and love them. They are not bad, they just cost more and have more possibilities for something to go wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom