Which 02 Analyzer do you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My brother is looking at getting an analyzer and is looking for recommendations. What 02 analyzer do you recommend buying and where can he get the best pricing on it? Thanks in advance.

Yep, that's what I have... works great. Saves you $200.

How technical does one need to be to assemble it correctly? I do okay programming computers, but I haven't built one yet. Since it's as important as the air I breathe, I'd hate to think I might muck it up...

If you muck it up, it won't work at all (as opposed to being just slightly off)... you need to be able to solder and you'll need to cut some holes in the case for the LCD, power, calibration knob and where the O2 sensor plugs in - dremmel works well.

sskasser:
How technical does one need to be to assemble it correctly? I do okay programming computers, but I haven't built one yet. Since it's as important as the air I breathe, I'd hate to think I might muck it up...
The hardest part of these kits is cutting the holes in the plastic case. Otherwise you only need fairly basic soldering skills. If you are reasonably handy it should be percieved as a fun challenge, not impossible. If you are completely unskilled mechanically you would probably be best to avoid it. If things like replacing a light switch, fixing a leaky toilet, or replacing the lock set on your front door do not bother you then get a kit or buy the parts yourself and have at it.

I really like this thread for getting the parts yourself and making an analyzer that is better than the kits you can otherwise come up with.

Have fun,

Mark Vlahos

Be sure you have a fairly low wattage soldring iron. 15W is about right. 30W is waaay too hot.

loosebits:
If you muck it up, it won't work at all (as opposed to being just slightly off)... you need to be able to solder and you'll need to cut some holes in the case for the LCD, power, calibration knob and where the O2 sensor plugs in - dremmel works well.

Good to know, thanks! I may just give this one a shot.

I have used the Oxycheck, but prefer the Analox O2. I really thought about getting a kit from oxycheck,(great price-easyassembly) but wanted a smaller, no-hose, water resistant, more compact "travel friendly"analyzer.

Scuba Toys shipped one to me "on the bouble", don't recall the price now but it was not expensive (they give 10% off to SB members)

Back
Top Bottom