Genesis ReAct Pro download bug?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AstroDad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I recently purchased the $150 software/cable package for the Genesis ReAct Pro dive computer. Aside from the software being kinda lame and way overpriced, there seems to be a bug with downloading data from a nitrox dive - no PO2 data is downloaded. The software is version 1.02 - does anyone know if there is a newer version of the software that fixes this bug?

1) I received and installed v1.03 of the software a few days ago. It fixes the bug with downloading of the P02 info.

2) New bug is that the Min Temp is always displayed as zero (0). The data are there, it's just not displayed properly.

I had a problem with it even connecting. This little patch fixed the connection issue. Also, prior to the patch, when I was DLing dives the PO2 data was MIA, now it shows up correctly

The patch I have was also supplied by Genesis (Paul Leszczynski). It is version 1.03, but there will be a v1.04 after the bugs I reported to him yesterday.

You may wish to note that folks who dl this patch need to rename the ".abc" file to ".exe"....

Lastly, your link no worky....

CBulla:
I have a patch that was supplied by Genesis... I'll make a note to stick it up on my site today and post the link. It fixed my problem!

edit note: Go here, download the .abc file:

ftp://tropicalpc.net/public_html/abcd/react/

Yes, you have v1.03 (although there is no way to determine that from the software). Your connect issue was not "fixed" by the software - I already went down that road with Paul a few weeks ago. Take a pencil eraser and clean the contacts on your cable AND the computer. That's the "fix" for bad connections... :)

CBulla:
I had a problem with it even connecting. This little patch fixed the connection issue. Also, prior to the patch, when I was DLing dives the PO2 data was MIA, now it shows up correctly

Back
Top Bottom