Old school Aladin pro memo mouse problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's odd. What model?

I have multiple different models (Pro, sport, pro ultra, pro nitrox, sport plus) and none of them require a scroll. They all transmit before the last dive is even shown on the screen. There is no opportunity to scroll until after the transmit has completed.
There maybe some confusion here? Getting to the log book is a 2 step process.

The first step is selecting logbook function (B & + contacts) which displays the word logbook on the screen. Then you need to "activate" the log book (B & E contacts). It is at this point that the data is transmitted before any dive data is displayed on the screen.

Activating the logbook always displays the newest dive. Once the logbook is activated you can scroll to higher numbered (older) dives via B & + or lower numbered dives via B & - contact.

You cannot scroll prior to activating the logbook: B & - takes you back to the surface-mode home screen, B & + does nothing.

There maybe some confusion here? Getting to the log book is a 2 step process.

The first step is selecting logbook function (B & + contacts) which displays the word logbook on the screen. Then you need to "activate" the log book (B & E contacts). It is at this point that the data is transmitted before any dive data is displayed on the screen.

Activating the logbook always displays the newest dive. Once the logbook is activated you can scroll to higher numbered (older) dives via B & + or lower numbered dives via B & - contact.

You cannot scroll prior to activating the logbook: B & - takes you back to the surface-mode home screen, B & + does nothing.
Yes, these are the 2 steps I need to do. Once I do that second step, it transmits 100% of the time.

I am in awe and amazement at the dedication, practical application of ritual magic, and dissemination of oral tradition that is required to keep these obsolete dive computers in service decades past their best used by date. Bravo!

I am in awe and amazement at the dedication, practical application of ritual magic, and dissemination of oral tradition that is required to keep these obsolete dive computers in service decades past their best used by date. Bravo!
Obsolete? No way! These are easy to use, solidly engineered and built workhorses.

The large screen is easy to read and has all of the required underwater information on the main (only) display. Easy to use - just strap it on.

Even better is that you do not need to be constantly worrying about running low on battery power. Most people will get multiple years of diving from a single battery. Downside is that changing one is a bit oily.

Biggest bonus is that they sell so cheaply on eBay that it is easy to afford to carry a backup (or 2). If they meet your needs they are an excellent economical product.

The only downsides for me (and why I got a Ratio), is they have no backlight, and mine don't support Nitrox.

They are solid workhorses though, great if you are on air, and in the daylight.

The only downsides for me (and why I got a Ratio), is they have no backlight, and mine don't support Nitrox.

They are solid workhorses though, great if you are on air, and in the daylight.
Backlight? No issues.

The screen on the early models glows after you shine your torch on it. Just like your old style mechanical depth gauge and mechanical pressure gauge.

The pro ultra model (and others?) has a built-in backlight.

The backlight is activated by "squeezing" the computer. The pressure sensor and electronics are contained inside a flexible oil filled compartment (think underwater "baggy") surrounded by a thin flimsy housing. Briefly squeezing the computer causes a pressure spike on the pressure sensor. This spike activates the backlight for a handful of seconds. No button. No moving parts. Sheer engineering genius!

Subsurface will import it natively without a driver. You just need to select the correct com port for the isb port it is connected to.

Easiest way is to insert the cable while viewing device manager and see what number is assigned.

Subsurface will import it natively without a driver. You just need to select the correct com port for the isb port it is connected to.

Easiest way is to insert the cable while viewing device manager and see what number is assigned.
Ok thanks for that i will give it agao

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom