Old school Aladin pro memo mouse problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesactive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hope this is the right place to post this, as the Post a thread seemed a bit confusing.

Help Please I am trying to download dives from an Aladin pro NITROX I BOUGHT. It's fine with my old one None nitrox. but that has no oil now. So I bought this Nitrox Aladin pro and the memo mouse. As before I have always had problems transferring dives. Eventually, it works. But on this one the green light flashes, I go into log book, it goes red and then the green light lights up for 4 sec But no transfer to the PC. Im wondering, could it be that I am using a virtual machine? EP on my mac. But it did work fine on my old Aladin. Communication error between memo mouse And dive computer! Well surely then it can't be the software, So Why am i getting this issue?

Wow. I thought transferring out of Smart Trak was a pain. Good Luck with this one. I seem to remember the download cables needed to be connected in a certain order to trigger the download. Or the computer had to be switched to log mode? I just looked at my log, and my last Aladin Pro dive was 20 years ago. If you decide to skip several generations, the bluetooth computers are nice. I found this:
https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.co...datatrak_en/scp_productmanual_datatrak_en.pdf

After you initiate the download from smartrak or subsurface, you need to enter the logbook and then scroll up or down a dive. Mine transfers 100% of the time when I do that.

Also, it might be worth trying with the leads reversed.

I have some info here

Also you may need a new battery in the memo mouse. I think it takes a 9v battery.

After you initiate the download from smartrak or subsurface, you need to enter the logbook and then scroll up or down a dive. Mine transfers 100% of the time when I do that.

Also, it might be worth trying with the leads reversed.

I have some info here

Also you may need a new battery in the memo mouse. I think it takes a 9v battery.
No need to scroll up or down. Entering logbook mode after you have your PC trying to receive data is all that is required.

When entering logbook mode the dive computer automatically transmits its log data prior to displaying the info for the last dive. This is 1 way communication. The dive computer blindly transmits without the need for any handshake or acknowledgement from the device receiving the data.

The key is to ensure that the receiving device is ready to read before you activate logbook mode.

From my experience, the Memomouse does not work well with USB-Serial adapters. I guess adding a virtual machine does not help either. Long time ago I had to buy a real serial extension card for my PC to download the Memomouse. Of course this does not help for laptops.

From my experience, the Memomouse does not work well with USB-Serial adapters. I guess adding a virtual machine does not help either. Long time ago I had to buy a real serial extension card for my PC to download the Memomouse. Of course this does not help for laptops.
A couple of potential issues:
a) corroded contacts on dive computer. I have several pre-owned dive computers that are a bit sporadic. Cleaning the "depression" in the dive computer contacts always solves the issue.
b) the output voltage of the dive computer is not standard RS-232. It is low level TTL voltage. The uwatec cable attempts to compensate for this, but is designed to work with a standard RS-232 serial port. The schematics I have seen for Homebrew cables contain active components that steal power from the RS-232 port. This reference page is still alive: Aladin interfaces
Neither of my USB-serial cables ever worked on either laptop I tried. These cables do work with other USB devices...

No need to scroll up or down. Entering logbook mode after you have your PC trying to receive data is all that is required.

When entering logbook mode the dive computer automatically transmits its log data prior to displaying the info for the last dive. This is 1 way communication. The dive computer blindly transmits without the need for any handshake or acknowledgement from the device receiving the data.

The key is to ensure that the receiving device is ready to read before you activate logbook mode.
Both of miy Uwatecs require me to scroll to an entry before they transmit. The cable I link from my website work for my memo mouse and my Win10 computers. I use it every week. Make sure to set it to COM1.

Both of miy Uwatecs require me to scroll to an entry before they transmit. The cable I link from my website work for my memo mouse and my Win10 computers. I use it every week. Make sure to set it to COM1.
That's odd. What model?

I have multiple different models (Pro, sport, pro ultra, pro nitrox, sport plus) and none of them require a scroll. They all transmit before the last dive is even shown on the screen. There is no opportunity to scroll until after the transmit has completed.

Both of mine are Aladin Pro's non Nitrox. One had the pod (which is long since dead), the other doesn't.

I use the genuine memomouse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom