Suunto Mosquito - recurring problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today, my Mosquito had its usual problem once again.

Sometime during the dive, it reset itself. This problem has happened before. Several times.

I had it looked at by my LDS but it still keeps coming back.

Is this a problem for my Mosquito only or have other Mosquito owners experienced the same problem?

New, at my LDS at the time.

Hi,

Me and my buddy have had Mosquitoes for several years, never a problem.

I'd push to have it factory checked, and press for warranty repair/replacement.

Especially for something like this, it helps to point out the the manufacturer that while you can sell many computers, you only get to sell your reputation once.

Cheers,
Walter

I have a Mosquito with 500 plus dives, & never a problem. One thing to check; some computers do some resetting such as air mix at midnight. My wife's Cressi did. The reason I mention it is because if you use a 12 hour clock you might have noon & midnight reversed, & this may cause your problem. To avoid this, set the clock in 24 hour mode, then change to 12 hour mode if you prefer.
If this doesn't solve the problem, I suggest discussing a warrantee exchange with the merchant. Computers are generally digital. By this, I mean they either work perfectly or are paperweights.

Warranty might be a problem (it's 5 years old).

It has always been running in 24 hour mode.

Never had this problem and it has been a great watch, but the buttons kept popping off and have been replaced 3 times now and it is sitting on a table waiting to get a set in a 4th time.

Suunto just informed me that they have given up and offer me a D4 at 50% off >> EUR 199, a D6 would be EUR 347. Choice, choices...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom