Wireless Air Integrated Dive Computer FAILED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tibenmiami

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have bought a Suunto Vyper Air computer. 2 out of 4 dives the transmitter and computer failed to communicate. I could not re-link during the rest of the dive. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• SQTVAC.JPG
    SQTVAC.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 382
It's had to tell from what information was given and the picture but it sound like the code change during you surface interval with can happen when no signal is being sent or the transmitter has something going on with it. By lifting the reg setup with the tank by the transmitter you could have tweak it just enough for water to leak in.

One thing I had to make sure of with mine was before I turn the air on, the computer needs to be very close to the transmitter so I attach it to a D-ring.
If I have it on my wrist and turn the air on and walk away for a period it will lose signal and not re-sync on it's own.
When that happens I have to turn the air off, purge the reg, clear the code, turn the air back on and let it re-sync.
I have never had a sync issue since in that regard.

I have bought a Suunto Vyper Air computer. 2 out of 4 dives the transmitter and computer failed to communicate. I could not re-link during the rest of the dive. Any thoughts?

Based on my experience working on a dive boat and seeing lots of people have "dive computers fail" on them...

Most likely problem = user error
Most likely solution = RTFM

:cool2:

Dead Battery?
Using a Strobe?
Wrong transmitter code in the computer? (Are you using a new transmitter?)

Take your reg and computer to an authorized Suunto dealer. They should be able to remedy...

Attachments

• Suunto Pressure Transmissions.JPG
    Suunto Pressure Transmissions.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 389

Back
Top Bottom