Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Suunto Olf

M_B
    Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199

Suunto Olf

Hello,
    Basically what is "OLF" in Suunto computers?
    I read explanation in the manual for Vyper. But my understanding of the topic went nowhere...
    thank you.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by M_B
    Hello,
    Basically what is "OLF" in Suunto computers?
    I read explanation in the manual for Vyper. But my understanding of the topic went nowhere...
    thank you.
    OLF (Oxygen Limit Fraction) is basically the measurement of your Oxygen Exposure.
    Bayou Platypus

M_B
    Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    ooook, so when should one start worrying about oxygen exposure?
    I would assume that the bar should go up ( the same way nitrogen loading goes up ). Just don't know for sure.
    Another question - during the dive it started blinking from the second segment, not from the first ( bottom ) one up....
    thnx

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by M_B
    ooook, so when should one start worrying about oxygen exposure?
    I would assume that the bar should go up ( the same way nitrogen loading goes up ). Just don't know for sure.
    Another question - during the dive it started blinking from the second segment, not from the first ( bottom ) one up....
    thnx
    As mentioned, that's just a measure of your oxygen exposure. If you're diving air, it's not something you'll typically worry about (your nitrogen exposure will be the limiting factor). It sounds like you've got your computer in 'Nitrox' mode. If I were you, I'd set it to 'Air' mode and you'll get a "consumed bottom time" graph where you're seeing the OLF now... More useful information to you right now. When you take a Nitrox class, OLF will make more sense...

M_B
    Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    well, probably i didn't communicated well enough.... I set comp to Nitrox cause i was diving nitrox. And that' why i started to pa attention to the graph.
    I just consed what exactly it shows - manual ( or me ? ) is not quite detailed about thiat.
    thnx