Gekko or Atmos 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love4steel

Registered
Reaction score
Im trying to decide on this purchase and any imput will help .. they both have pretty strong reputations and both fall within the price range that Im looking to spend. I would be leaning toward the Gekko, however Im worried about the no back light feature (I plan on doing some night diving) Im wondering if the "phosphorescent display" on the gekko is something that actually works well enough for night diving. thanks to all! Oh one more thing .. the cressi-sub archimede II is a full featured computer that is actually cheaper as well although I cannot find too much user review on that unit here on SB, anyone tried it?

well, all Suunto computers use an algorythm that is on the conservative side. this usually results in very, very conservative dive profiles

the Atmos has a much more liberal algorythm, and it does maximize your dive time without having to mess with the computer bossing you around

i dove an Atmos 2 for several years, and had no problems with it whatsoever.

i would prefer the Atmos so that i don't have to content with a too-conservative computer telling me what to do. if i want to dive conservatively, i just pull back myself (for example, limit my bottom time, deep stop, extend time shallow, extend safety stop, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom