Oceanic Oceanlog software for Atom - Runtime Error 94

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UndrWatrDan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Since I can't get Oceanic Support to respond to my emails, thought I'd see if anyone here is getting this error and/or knows how to fix it.

I just got my Atom last week, installed the Oceanlog Software, got the interface to work, was able to upload the info from Oceanlog to my Atom etc. Well, now I thought I'd add some of my pre Atom dives manually to Oceanlog and I can get it to add the dive, but when I add the information and exit, I get "Runtime Error 94 Invalid use of Null" and the application shuts down. When I reopen Oceanlog, some of the info about the dive is there and some is not, such as Max Depth and Avg Depth and if I try to enter it, the application crashes with the Runtime Error 94.

Also, under Dive Computer, there is a Serial Number of 123456 that it defaults to and I can't delete it. Anyone know how to delete this serial number so all i have to deal with is mine?

Oceanic says they will return a call or answer an email in 48hrs, well it's been over 96 since I sent my first email. Just sent my second request for assistance, but you guys might be faster!

I can sympathize but, I'm not sure I can help much.

I have a Datamax ProPlus2. Downloaded and installed Oceanics latest patch from their site. BIG MISTAKE! Error...Error....Error. Removed the application and reloaded the original version on the CD.

I had similar errors to yours and found that I had to complete the diver information part of the database during the initial load and manually enter 1 dive record before exiting the application on the first start up to stop the error.

It maybe the version of Oceanlog you are using is causing your headaches? Maybe the Atom version requires a patch be installed?

BTW...restoring the database from backup on the ProPlus2 is no picnic either. You have to go into the program directory find your database file and physically swap out and rename file names to get your data back. Oceanlog does not do an auto restore from the menu on my version. I suspect the Atom version is the same MS-Access design with a logo change on the start-up screen.

No SAC calculation is another negative.

At least the PDC works great. I'm getting the data downloaded into Oceanlog now and getting good profile reports and graphics.

Good luck on your troubleshooting!

Hi Danny, I have now played around with the SW for 3 days trying to get it to work properly, the errors (and many others) arise as soon as you try to enter anything else then the location and name on manully created dives. I was hoping somebody know how to get around it but no luck so far. I wanted to convert to using the SW to manage all my dives however as I can not enter anything else than the name and location (even entering the duration or changing the depth causes the error), I am at a loss sorry for not helping but .......

Peter

Try calling Oceanic PDC/OceanLog Technical Support at (toll-free) 866 732-7877. They don’t answer their e-mails these days.

I just bought a computer from them and called tech support twice. They answered the phone both times - no voice mail - no holding. I got excellent service via the phone. The tech sent me an e-mail which I later replied too asking a follow up question and it was never answered.

Again, calling directly was instant support.

Vie offered a number for Oceanlog which may be better for you to use.

Too bad about the problems with the software. Mine has worked flawlessly.

UndrWatrDan:
Since I can't get Oceanic Support to respond to my emails, thought I'd see if anyone here is getting this error and/or knows how to fix it. I just got my Atom last week, installed the Oceanlog Software, got the interface to work, was able to upload the info from Oceanlog to my Atom etc. Well, now I thought I'd add some of my pre Atom dives manually to Oceanlog and I can get it to add the dive, but when I add the information and exit, I get "Runtime Error 94 Invalid use of Null" and the application shuts down. When I reopen Oceanlog, some of the info about the dive is there and some is not, such as Max Depth and Avg Depth and if I try to enter it, the application crashes with the Runtime Error 94. Also, under Dive Computer, there is a Serial Number of 123456 that it defaults to and I can't delete it. Anyone know how to delete this serial number so all i have to deal with is mine? Oceanic says they will return a call or answer an email in 48hrs, well it's been over 96 since I sent my first email. Just sent my second request for assistance, but you guys might be faster!

Also, under Dive Computer, there is a Serial Number of 123456 that it defaults to and I can't delete it. Anyone know how to delete this serial number so all i have to deal with is mine?

This gets set properly once you download the settings from your PDC, however if you have revision 2C of the firmware on the watch then good luck, got mine to synch on the 3rd computer after hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom