Playa del Carmen/Cazumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Pelchen

Registered
Reaction score
Assistance Please :)

I'll be staying in Playa for two weeks March 06, if anyone has info on dive sites and reputable dive shops in both Playa as well as Cazumel, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

:D Welcome to Scuba Board Dan! It’s a good place to go if you are into diving. I enjoy being here. There have been so many people that have offered advice regarding my dream. I hope your question gets answered too. and Safe Diving from Matt. :jump013:​

I was just going to post the same question before I did a search. I'm going in November and would like to know the same...

Tim

Have you tried our Search feature? Additional questions should be posted in the Mexico forum...

:bandit_2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

After spending total 5 weeks this year around Playa I can recommend “Protec Advanced Training Facility”. They can help you with every situation from recreational diving to rebreathers courses. Matt, Scott or Mike are one of the most experienced and accommodating instructors I ever had a pleasure to work. Give them a call and say hello from Mirek, in my opinion you won’t be disappointed.
Protec # 52 984 803-1168
Web: www.protecdiving.com

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

you will have to use 2 operators to dive. Cozumel Government requires permits to dive and operators must be certified with them. It is a long boat ride for a dive boat between Playa and Coz. Raul at www.bottomtimedivers.net can set you up in Coz he has a 6 diver boat and is a very good safety minded divemaster. You will dive your computer and air consumption. He can also recomend dive shops in Playa for you. The best diving is in Coz however. Many differant sites for all kinds of diving. Deep wall, shallow wall, swim thru, garden, large 100' high pinicles. majority on the boat picks the sites that day, so smaller boat gives you better chance to go where you want.
Lou

Raul at bottomtime divers is one of my top 3 recommendations for diver ops on Cozumel, the other 2 are Christi with Blue XT Sea, www.bluextseadivers.com and Dive with Martin, www.divewithmartin.com
All three are very good and will give you good service.

Sorry I can't help with Playa, I've never dove that side of the channel. Possibly if you make a decision on who to dive with on Coz, they can recommend a dive op over at PDC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom