Just booked the flight.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harro10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I just booked the flight (1/21 - 1/28) for a solo trip to Cozumel. I am waiting to hear back from Jeanie at Caribe Blu/Blue Angel about the hotel/diving arrangements. Depending on what I hear I maybe asking for suggestions from all you knowledgeable ScubaBoarders.
I am excited and looking forward to both the diving and the restaurants.

Well I just heard back from Jeanie at Caribe Blue/Blue Angel and they are full for my time period. I guess I should not have booked the flight before checking the hotel/diving arrangements. I will have to do some research to come up with an alternate plan quickly. Please bombard me with suggestions.

Make sure you check the new baggage rules they have just lowered the allowable limits

Thanks GDI. I am flying USAIR and will look into that after I make my hotel and diving arrangements.

Edit: I went to the USAIR website and found that I am only allowed 50lbs for checked luggage. I have a feeling that my carry-on will be fairly heavy. Thanks for the tip.

For hotels right now I am looking at Suites Bahia, Suites Colonial and Villablanca. Any comments on them anyone

We just got back and stayed at the Casa Mexicana right in town. Excellent buffet breakfast, clean rooms, strong A/C, cable tv, hotspot in the lobby. We walked across the street to be picked up by Christi at BlueXTsea. Could not have been more convenient. Right in town so you can walk to all the great eateries, then walk it off on the way home.

We were oceanfront with a great view for $100 night, I know there are cheaper rooms. If you work in the great breakfast it was a steal.

Thanks jayjoans. I am traveling solo and am trying to keep to cost down since my wife pays the credit card bills.
So far the best deal I have found seems to be Villablanca/Papa Hoggs but I am still researching.

The Bahia is one that I am looking at along with Suites Colonial, Villablanca and now the Hotel Barracuda.
The Villablanca and Barracuda are package deals and are the best prices I have found so far.
Villablanca is cheaper and the diving is with Papa Hogs (operational dock) but is a long walk to town.
With the Hotel Barracuda (don't know if the dock will be operational) I can dive with Blue Angel, Papa Hogs, or Aqua Safari and the hotel is closer to town.
I am still looking but will book something by tomorrow.

You might try Papa Hogs. They have a few diver friendly rooms and a small place to eat breakfast and lunch.

Sandra

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom