Recent Weather in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asunut

New
Reaction score
Leaving with my husband and out two kids on Saturday for a week at the Allegro on Cozumel. Weather.com shows rain the entire time. Anyone been there recently to confirm what the weather is really like? Husband and I are planning on doing our AOW while we are there and the kids were hoping to live in the pool for a week. The prospect of spending a significant amount of time trapped in our room while it pours isn't exciting me...:confused:

It rains a lot in Cozumel this time of year. Expect to see rain showers every day yet you could spent the whole week and never actually get rained on. It is unlikely to detract from your vacation. My wife & I are arriving on Friday at Allegro and diving with Blue XT.

asunut:
Leaving with my husband and out two kids on Saturday for a week at the Allegro on Cozumel. Weather.com shows rain the entire time. Anyone been there recently to confirm what the weather is really like? Husband and I are planning on doing our AOW while we are there and the kids were hoping to live in the pool for a week. The prospect of spending a significant amount of time trapped in our room while it pours isn't exciting me...:confused:

Not to worry; weather.com and wunderground usually say "thunderstorms" or "chance of thunderstorms" just about every day this time of year. It doesn't mean that it will be an all day rain, it just means that there are little isolated cells around. Unless a tropical system moves in, when it rains, if it rains, it will most likely be for 15 minutes or so. I really don't look at that stuff any more before going down there - it's not like you can do anything about it, anyway.

But the last time I checked before going down for a 12 day stay, both sites said "thunderstorms" or "chance of thunderstorms" every day. In 12 days it rained on us twice, once about dawn and once about 2 pm, both times for about 15 minutes.

Don' worry, be happy. ;^)

and I will add to the great advice above...that rain does not cancel diving, unless it's a dangerous storm in which the harbor master will make the call...you're going to get wet anyway :)

It could be raining at your hotel and totally sunny in town, or vice versa. As others have said, the showers don't last long unless it's a tropical system.

Anytime you're planning a trip to the tropics during rainy season, you should expect some rain...otherwise, you'll be very disappointed.

I also highly recommend trip insurnace if traveling June/July through November as it is the official X season...I still can't bring myself to say the H word :wink:

Thanks for the heads up everyone. I'm not worried about the diving or me but the kids will go nuts if they can't be outside in the pool or on the beach! It's been 10 years since we've been to Cozumel so I'm looking forward to going back! :D

asunut:
Thanks for the heads up everyone. I'm not worried about the diving or me but the kids will go nuts if they can't be outside in the pool or on the beach! It's been 10 years since we've been to Cozumel so I'm looking forward to going back! :D

Don't worry about anything. You ware going to have a great time. You will get in all your dives and get certified and your kids will have a great time too. The Allegro is a good place too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom