Cancun's locusts...R they in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divedoggie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I saw a report on the Weather Channel about a locust infestation in Cancun. They say its due to the warm dry weather, and no hurricanes this year.
Is Coz getting those naughty critters gnawing on things?:D

Divedoggie:
I saw a report on the Weather Channel about a locust infestation in Cancun. They say its due to the warm dry weather, and no hurricanes this year.
Is Coz getting those naughty critters gnawing on things?:D

DRY weather? We've had ALOT of welcome rain this year...it's coming down hard as I speak :)

Divedoggie:
Shows what the Weather Channel knows!

Well, she just said it was wet...she didn't really say anything about the locusts, hehe.

Oh, I remember a 7 year locust appearance when I was a girl....YUCK...None of those critters coming out where you are Divedoggie??? Is it getting cold? Sue Sue

When you say locust are you referring to grasshoppers? Here in the south people refer to cicadas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada) as locusts.

I am heading back to Coz next month and I have a weird phobia of grasshoppers. That would totally ruin my weekend.

I haven't seen or heard about any locust infestations or encounters from anyone around here :)

Sue Sue:
Oh, I remember a 7 year locust appearance when I was a girl....YUCK...None of those critters coming out where you are Divedoggie??? Is it getting cold? Sue Sue

:colorado:

There is a lot of snow in the high mountains, and it gets cold at night(40's)
We are still having quite a few days in the 80's though.:sunny

We are living in Fort Collins for the winter. Up at our home in Crested Butte, the temps have been down into the 20's at night!:coffee:

We are already trying to plan an early Jan trip to Coz, Akumal, or maybe Belize.:D

Divedoggie:
:colorado:

There is a lot of snow in the high mountains, and it gets cold at night(40's)
We are still having quite a few days in the 80's though.:sunny

We are living in Fort Collins for the winter. Up at our home in Crested Butte, the temps have been down into the 20's at night!:coffee:

We are already trying to plan an early Jan trip to Coz, Akumal, or maybe Belize.:D

Fantastic, Have a wonderful time !! It will be a nice break from the Winter chill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom