I am in love with Blue XT Sea Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

austinthor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We just wrapped up a stellar 5 nights/4 days of diving in Cozumel. Through Christi we chose the hotel package, staying at Casa Mexicana (Christi got us a beautiful 5th floor room). Casa is about a block from the dock and no more than a 5 minute walk. The hotel employees are more than helpful and always smiling. Take it from a clean freak...this hotel was *spotless*. Christi is so on top of her business. Neglecting to remember I needed to check in at her shop the night before our first dive (which happened to be a Sunday and the shop is closed), I was wondering how we'd touch base with her. In steps the psychic friend's network...aka Christi. Our hotel phone rings and she tells us to meet her at the shop with our gear in half an hour. The dive boat left the dock promptly at 8:00am each day. Our equipment was set up on the boat each morning and rinsed and hung to dry each night. Mago was our captain and Pedro Pablo our divemaster. The two of them share some hilarious jokes and have wonderful, contagious positive energy. They make a great team. Mago keeps close track of us and each time the first group surfaced I'd look up and check and he was right there with the boat. This operation is exceptional in that you are able to dive by your computer. This is *not* a 80-feet-for-25-minutes operation. Christi caters not only to beginning divers but also experienced divers who can stay down for 75 minutes. Pedro is the best divemaster I have been with. He doesn't just tell you what to do; he asks you "why". For instance, "Why do you need 14 pounds to sink?" The answer, "You start out with a dry wetsuit." It sounds like common sense but I doubt most instructors bother to discuss this with their students. My husband went from 14 pounds to 4 thanks to Pedro. Pedro is calm and professional and friendly and competent--the ideal divemaster in my mind. The divesites were mindblowing and the life abundant. My husband and I can hardly wait to return. Oh, and don't forget to ask Mago to do some magic tricks for you! **Christi, thank you so very much for all of your assistance and for the operation you run!**
Heidi & Will

Yes...Christi is psychic.....know all sees all:wink: she is always on top of every detail....we love her too......and of course it goes without say Pedro and Mago are my faves....I think Mago could actually scoop me out of the water with Shamu....:wink:

You are not lost at all. The Blue XT Sea is the greatest team I ever meet. Pedro Pablo I agree is the best Dive Master and Mago, the best Capt., over those two great people, a great woman Christi, outstanding!

Awww...y'all are making me blush :)

Thank you Heidi & Will. It was great fun diving with you and of course I'm thrilled that you had such a great time! I'm very much looking forward to seeing y'all again!

And of course, thanks to Ann, Mario and Gordon for your kind words and support :)

Awww...y'all are making me blush :)

Thank you Heidi & Will. It was great fun diving with you and of course I'm thrilled that you had such a great time! I'm very much looking forward to seeing y'all again!

And of course, thanks to Ann, Mario and Gordon for your kind words and support :)

:cheerleader: Christi, We only state these facts because they are true, and that's no lie ! As always, Kudos to the entire staff of Blue XT Sea. SS

Christi is a class act, and that's a fact, Jack!

iagree.gif
and she's got a great sense of humor.

Well, I'm really glad to read all this. Based on feedback from this forum, I just reserved a week with Chriti's operation and Casa Mexicana beginning Nov 9th. Guess I can feel confident I made a good decision. Thanks for the writeup.

Mike

Guess I can feel confident I made a good decision.

Mike
You definitely made the right decision picking BlueXT. And chances are, given the type of people BlueXT attracts, you'll get people like Will and Heidi in your group and the trip will be better for it. . .

We just wrapped up a stellar 5 nights/4 days of diving in Cozumel. Through Christi we chose the hotel package, staying at Casa Mexicana (Christi got us a beautiful 5th floor room). Casa is about a block from the dock and no more than a 5 minute walk. The hotel employees are more than helpful and always smiling. Take it from a clean freak...this hotel was *spotless*. Christi is so on top of her business. Neglecting to remember I needed to check in at her shop the night before our first dive (which happened to be a Sunday and the shop is closed), I was wondering how we'd touch base with her. In steps the psychic friend's network...aka Christi. Our hotel phone rings and she tells us to meet her at the shop with our gear in half an hour. The dive boat left the dock promptly at 8:00am each day. Our equipment was set up on the boat each morning and rinsed and hung to dry each night. Mago was our captain and Pedro Pablo our divemaster. The two of them share some hilarious jokes and have wonderful, contagious positive energy. They make a great team. Mago keeps close track of us and each time the first group surfaced I'd look up and check and he was right there with the boat. This operation is exceptional in that you are able to dive by your computer. This is *not* a 80-feet-for-25-minutes operation. Christi caters not only to beginning divers but also experienced divers who can stay down for 75 minutes. Pedro is the best divemaster I have been with. He doesn't just tell you what to do; he asks you "why". For instance, "Why do you need 14 pounds to sink?" The answer, "You start out with a dry wetsuit." It sounds like common sense but I doubt most instructors bother to discuss this with their students. My husband went from 14 pounds to 4 thanks to Pedro. Pedro is calm and professional and friendly and competent--the ideal divemaster in my mind. The divesites were mindblowing and the life abundant. My husband and I can hardly wait to return. Oh, and don't forget to ask Mago to do some magic tricks for you! **Christi, thank you so very much for all of your assistance and for the operation you run!**
Heidi & Will
It was good to meet both of you. Christi's entire staff and operation is fantastic, no doubt about it. But having divers like you guy's on board that were supportive and encouraging to us "newbies" bumped it up from a great trip to a fantastic one. Thanks for everything.

Jonathan and Doris

You definitely made the right decision picking BlueXT. And chances are, given the type of people BlueXT attracts, you'll get people like Will and Heidi in your group and the trip will be better for it. . .

It was good to meet both of you. Christi's entire staff and operation is fantastic, no doubt about it. But having divers like you guy's on board that were supportive and encouraging to us "newbies" bumped it up from a great trip to a fantastic one. Thanks for everything.

Jonathan and Doris
Hi Guys!
We miss you a lot. We had so much fun diving with you. Are you staying another week? You both did such a fantastic job; it's hard to believe you are new to all of this. In some instances we had conditions that were difficult (Punta Tunich, Paso de Cedral) and you still stayed down for an hour!!! Or more. That's very impressive :). I hope this vacation spawns many more for you and I hope we can dive together again soon.
Heidi (& Will)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom