Short trip report from last week at Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booth22

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A few days returned from a week at Blue Angel/Caribe Blue.. did right around 20 dives, a relaxed pace I know, and had a great time. Jorge was our DM for the week and was exceptional. Saw more turtles in a week than we could even count. They were everywhere- also saw a few other goodies... pipehorse, a big moray defending his dinner from two huuuge grouper, several nurse sharks, a few black tip sharks, octos like crazy on the night dives, a pair of seahorse, and saw some blue angel fish while diving a few sites close by the mainland. And, yes, we did see two lionfish as well.

The hotel/dive shop was great- we were in room 405 this time-top floor- FWIW we were able to get wi-fi on the balcony, but not in the room. No issues with hot water/water pressue in the room which people ask about from time to time...

Since people often ask- dinner was at Los Seras, El Foco, Casa Denis, and at Blue Angel. Had a lovely waterside/romantic dinner at Blue Angel one evening, absolutely fantastic! Also stopped by La Candela for lunch- great place we hadn't tried before. Also grabbed ice cream (waay too much) at La Michoacana on 20th, east of the main square, the gelato shop on Melgar and the shop under Hotel Barracuda.

We're still working on getting all the pictures and video organized, but because a trip report is better with audio/video, the link below will take you to our facebook page- you don't have to be signed up to see the sights...

Cozumel Photos/Videos

Any questions about Blue Angel/Caribe Blue or anything else- fire away, I'll do my best!

Thanks for the link! I enjoyed the Big Friends and Small Friends videos. By the end of both, I was breathing with your regulator sounds...... very nice effort putting all that together! Your pictures are also awesome and very professional. Looks like some awsome diving was enjoyed! I'm amazed at all you captured in one trip. What beauty!!! Thanks for the dives this afternoon.

"Had a lovely waterside/romantic dinner at Blue Angel one evening, absolutely fantastic!"

Dinner at Blue Angel is fantastic! Best thing the new owners did was open this restaurant for dinner I had the best snapper ever...and the view is great!
Jean in MO

Thanks for the replies gang!- The videos are my wife's little project- those are the rough ones, she does them at the airport/on the plane on the way home, hopefully the finished versions will be along soon!

And the dinner was a private table for two by the pool, not at the regular restaurant- and a special menu from the chef- a crab salad, and then stuffed fish for dinner with a mango (i think) custard for dessert. It was great!

Great Video. I'll be in Coz in 2 weeks. The video and the pics got the juices flowing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom