Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I know there have been many threads about "what is the best restaurant in Cozumel" and this generates 20-30 names per thread. I'd like to suggest a different take on this. Let's post our favorite Coz meal by a specific restaurant. This may prove more useful to some as I've visited highly recommended restaurants in various locations and have been disappointed in the meal. Please describe the meal as much as you remember and why it was great. I'll add mine later (don't want to influence the group). If you had more than 3-4 margaritas prior to the meal please specify:D (ok, so I'm going for how good the food is and not how strong the drinks were :D). Yeah, I think it is "OZ" with a little c on the front end.

I'm a big Mole fan. We ate at Pancho's Backyard with some friends a couple years ago, and I had what I consider the best Mole Chicken I've ever had...and I've had a lot.

Not a whole lot to describe, just a big plate of boneless chicken breast, smothered in the best tasting dark Mole ever!

Had some chips and salsa at some place on the west side of the island, was close to the water, but not close enough to see it, they served beer there, there was Mexican music playing. Was excellent.

I'm a big Mole fan. We ate at Pancho's Backyard with some friends a couple years ago, and I had what I consider the best Mole Chicken I've ever had...and I've had a lot.

Not a whole lot to describe, just a big plate of boneless chicken breast, smothered in the best tasting dark Mole ever!

I've enjoyed Pancho's, but didn't try the mole. Need to add that to my list.

---------- Post added May 11th, 2012 at 04:19 PM ----------

Had some chips and salsa at some place on the west side of the island, was close to the water, but not close enough to see it, they served beer there, there was Mexican music playing. Was excellent.
Based on this description, I assume you were in the 3-4+ margarita category:D

I know there have been many threads about "what is the best restaurant in Cozumel" and this generates 20-30 names per thread.

I LOVE these threads!! Thank you for suggesting another angle on one of my favorite subjects. We'll be back on the island in about 2 weeks, and we're trying to nail down our short list of "must do" eats.

I'll have to think about my favorite meal ever and post it later on.
Carole

Ok, for me Ernesto's fish (shrimp ok too) fajitas after a dive are hard to beat. I love EL Moro's grouper Perlan or fish Veracruz style. I've also had some of the best calamari at Prima (the original, looking forward to trying it at Prima II this time). Would love to hear what folks like at Kinta.

Oh, pick me. The mole enchiladas at El Moro. A deep rich mole with a ton of subtle flavors woven through it. Somewhere in there were 3-4 margaritas. They too were rich and deep with a ton of subtle flavors......

Oh, pick me. The mole enchiladas at El Moro. A deep rich mole with a ton of subtle flavors woven through it. Somewhere in there were 3-4 margaritas. They too were rich and deep with a ton of subtle flavors......

Understand. Seems like I remember Margaritas are a specialty there too. We walked back to town once after a meal (and some margaritas) there (quite the adventure:D ). However, I stand by my reports on the food. Hey sharky, have you tried the mole there. It is good too.

---------- Post added May 11th, 2012 at 05:57 PM ----------

I sense CV Chief and Mike were likely somewhat poking fun at YET ANOTHER Coz restaurant thread (and I get it), but I think this approach is a little bit different and appreciate thoughtful comments.

poking.gif

The mustard fish at La Choza is incredible. The sauce is a creamy somewhat sweet and kinda dijonish.

The chile rellanos at Kintas is also great!

The pork chop soft tacos with cheese at El Foco are up there as well.

PH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom