Carnival Cruiser .. What operator for Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bestshooter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm taking a 7 day cruise in Sept and one stop is Belize. I was looking for the shore excursion to dive there but it's not listed . I wanted to email the operator to see about booking them . I'm not sure who they are . Does anyone know who does the Belize excursion dives for Carnival ?

Hugh Parkey's Belize Adventure Lodge on a private island in Belize

Hugh Parkey is who usually handles the ship dive excursions. They were the ones who I dove with last year when booking through Norwegian. I don't think that Norwegian has a dive excursion offered for Belize now though.

I'm planning on booking though Seasports Belize next year. They get pretty good reviews. Hugh Parkey wasn't that great of a trip anyway, and they are way overpriced by booking through the cruise line anyway. Of course, when booking excursions that aren't through the ship, there is still the chance of getting left. With Belize being a tender port, it makes it harder to book long excursions that aren't offered through the ship. Hugh Parkey picked us up from the cruise ship, and dropped us off at the ship when done. Booking through someone else, you have to tender to the port before you begin your excurion. Then of course, your dive boat has to make it back to the dock in time for the last tender back to the ship. It does make for a more tense day.

Sea Sports Belize - Small Groups and Private Charters are our Specialty! If you are looking for a great trip in Belize with professional staff, you've come to the right place!  We offer you many years of experience and some of the best guides in Beli

Definitely.... Sea Sports! John, Linda and their staff are great!!!!

for belize, always through the ship (when they have one)
Also for some reason Carnival doesn't seem to list dive excursion in Belize that far in advance. I did Carnival in January and they didn't list Belize dive until about a month maybe less before.
Did the same itinery in February but couple of weeks before sailing date got note they going to Costa Maya instead of Belize.

Last fall Carnival didn't offer a dive excursion so we booked SeaSports Belize. And were so glad we did. Eli the divemaster was one of the most enthusiastic dive masters we ever met. You can't go wrong with them and they are very aware of your ship schedule in order to get you back in time.

I just checked the Carnivals website and your right, no dive excursions.

Looking at the rates of Sea Sports with BC and Regulator rental added its about $145 pp. That's about $300 for my wife and I. Carnivals dive excursions at other ports are $99 pp, $200 for us. Kinda of a big difference but i'd be willing to pay it if it's really worth it.

We were there in Nov '09 and used Hammerhead Sports, don't know if they are still around and don't remember if Sea Sports was available then. We were not impressed with Hammerhead Sports, didn't seem organized or very professional. We meet them in Belize City and had to wait nearly an hour for people coming in on another ship. Didn't see their dive shop, they didn't ask for C card, I felt like we should have asked the DM for his C card. I would dive with them again if they were the only thing available but know that you are on your own. I say that because I really liked the diving where they took us. We went to this manmade cruiseship people island called Bannister Island where we dropped off snorklers, then went just a little further where the reef was. Anchored in the sand and they said this site was Mermaid Castle, they could have just been making up a name. The 2nd dive they called Last Anchor or maybe it should have been "Lost Anchor" because the boat was gone when we got back, it had broken loose from it's sand or reef anchor. But I did like the diving, lots of soft corals, a short wall and spur and groove stuff which I have never done, kind of like diving in a ditch running through the soft corals.
Anyway, don't go out the gates into Belize City and make sure to pick up alot of Marie Sharps hot sauce if you're into that, it's the best!

I'm taking a 7 day cruise in Sept and one stop is Belize. I was looking for the shore excursion to dive there but it's not listed . I wanted to email the operator to see about booking them . I'm not sure who they are . Does anyone know who does the Belize excursion dives for Carnival ?

When are you going? We just booked a Carnival cruise out of Port Canaveral on Sept 14th to Belize, Coz, Rotan, and Costa Maya. Since my wife and daughter don't dive I'm looking at where and whom I want to dive with. It would be great to have a dive buddy.

When are you going? We just booked a Carnival cruise out of Port Canaveral on Sept 14th to Belize, Coz, Rotan, and Costa Maya. Since my wife and daughter don't dive I'm looking at where and whom I want to dive with. It would be great to have a dive buddy.
turtlemoye, we're doing that same itinerary next May and definitely want to dive Belize and Roatan, so let me know what you did. Thanks.

edit: nm, saw your other post.

Back
Top Bottom