Vortoberfest IV 2008 - After Action Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parysa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Wow! Vortoberfest was AWESOME. Tommy, you rocked karaoke. The food and fellowship were great. I can't wait to see pictures!

The Lovely Young Kat and I would like to thank you all for helping us to have an absolutely marvelous time at the Fourth Annual Scubaboard Vortoberfest!
Shane & the staff really went way out for us...
'Twas a fine time indeed.
Post your after action reports, pictures and videos(!) in this thread...
Rick :)

This was my first Vortoberfest and I had such a great time it will surely not be my last. I started things out on Friday with a day of diving at Vortex. On Saturday, GlenFWB, Shagman, PaulWall, and I took a trip out to the St. Andrews Jetties. This was my first time out there and even though we were diving at low tide I really enjoyed myself and had a great time. Once we finished up at St. Andrews, Shagman and I headed over to Cypress Springs. When we were putting Shagman’s boat in the water I am pretty sure I saw Rick Murchison and his group getting out. I had a blast diving Cypress and once we were finished we headed over to Beckton springs as well. Sunday I woke up early and I ended the day hitting Vortex once again as I was too chicken to go over to Morrison’s as many others did. Here are a few pictures from my diving during Vortoberfest:

Cypress_1.jpg

Cypress_Basin_2.jpg

Cypress_Brim.jpg

Cypress_Hydra_2.jpg

Cypress_basin.jpg

Cypress_cavern_entrance.jpg

Cypress_cavern_look_through.jpg

Great report; stunning pictures! Is this area a shore dive? Never heard of it. Looks like I'll have to do some homework.

Dive safe,

Kenny

.....and a few more

st_andrews_hermit.jpg

st_andrews_hermit_3.jpg

st_andrews_sea_fan.jpg

st_andrews_weird_sponge.jpg

Vortex_Koi.jpg

vortex_shell.jpg

vortex_grotto_5.jpg

I have a bunch more, so once I put them up on Photo Bucket I will post the link.

I made it out on Sunday morning. My first dive I developed a sinus squeeze(?) and couldn't really dive a second dive. I tried to, but too painful as the pressure wouldn't let up. I did like the Vortex though. First time in FW and the fish were great. I will do it again. I made the trip in 4.5 hours from Baton Rouge. :D Tim

Nice pictures WJ. My surface pictures should surface tonight.
PC jetties is a shore dive easily accessible from a protected beach entry with a swim through the jetty wall in a low spot.

Thanks to Shane,Andrea, and Johnny and the rest of the Vortex staff. Great times and great dives all weekend. Hated to come to work this morning.

It definitely was hard to get back to "the grind" this morning after such a relaxing weekend. A special thanks goes out to GlenFWB for letting me stay in "the hoopty." It was the definition of primitive camping, i'll have you know we only had two channels to watch on the television :D.

the_hoopty.jpg

Gorgeous picture, Walter! Thanks for sharing them. I gots no pictures but I did a lot of cave diving and stopped by with mos11b1p, diverdeva and a few others for the Saturday night festivities. Thanks to all who were involved!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom