DiveHaven Quarry Open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Kreider

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When I was last at DiveHaven (Sept 2010) it was obviously open for business. However, we're schedule to be there in late May and I'm concerned that the website and phone number that I used last fall are both disconnected.

Can anyone confirm that they are open for business? Any new contact info for them?

I dove there last week and they do have the compressor up and running and they can blend Nitrox as well. They are still working on power for the shop. Brenton says that he has a wireless credit card reader but I doubt he will remember to bring it. You should bring cash or a check. They have a few rental tanks but if you have your own you should bring them for sure. I am meeting Brenton and Tommy Shaw up there this Saturday around 9:30am to dive. They do have water for the bathrooms and showers just no hot water. Also bring proper exposure gear. The vis has been pretty bad until you get down to about 50 FFW. At fifty last week I had low fifties on the computer and at 95 FFW I had 41 degrees but the vis was great down deep. PM me if you want Brenton's contact info or any more information.

FYI Dive Haven No longer Exists, It is now White Stone Diving.

You how partnerships are.
216554_10150164756194791_549129790_6456778_1107240_n.jpg

It is a combination of both. All of the terrible weather in north Georgia coupled with algae. The chemical that they usually treat it with has quadrupled in price since last spring. That along with the robbery have delayed the official opening and tightened the budget. But, If you don't mind getting a chilly (or diving dry) the vis is really good below 45'.

last time I was there the viz didn't open back up till after 100', from 100' to 150' the viz was 15-20' and 150-160 the viz dropped to ~5'

ok, here is the skinny i got today, yes they have changed their name, yes they were robbed. All the copper wire removed in the office, along with the compressor. They do have a diesel compressor up and running. The vis was good, until the past tornadoes that hit that area this past week. And they should be open in a couple of weeks. I guess 2nd or 3rd week in May. Water temp reported about upper 60's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom