DivePAL - a game changer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From the innovators that brought you eDiving; the best scuba diving simulator in the world!
From the innovators that brought you DiveComputerTraining; the best way to learn dive computers.

We are about to change the game - again!

divePAL_logo_tm_400x80.png

DivePAL is an user friendly App to help divers Plan, Analyze and Log their dives - either real or virtual.

With DivePAL you can simply draw a profile of your dive and then see how all the various "variables" - such as Nitrogen Loading, No Deco Time, Air Time Remaining, Tank Pressure, Ascent Rate, Oxygen Toxicity - change during the course of the dive.
Additionally, you can equip DivePAL with your preferred model-specific dive computer and see it in action during the course of the dive.

DivePAL is an App that grows with you.
Are you just a virtual diver? Then use DivePAL to analyze your virtual dives performed with eDiving, mark on the map the locations of interesting objects, log the dives and share them with your buddies. Keep doing this and one day you will find yourself in the water - diving for real :wink:
Are you a student diver? Then use the free DivePAL basic version to get familiar with dive computers and with planning, analyzing and logging dives also if you don't have yet your own dive computer.
Are you an advanced diver and own already a dive computer? Then get the DivePAL full version, or - even better - the Nitrox version, and use it to plan multi-level, multi-days series of dives for your next dive trip. Log the dive plans and later on compare them with the data of the real dive from your computer. How good was your dive plan? Did you stick to it?
Are you a technical diver (or thinking to become one)? Then get the DivePAL tech version, and use it to plan and analyze deco dives using either the ZH-L16C-GF or VPM-B deco algorithm, and your choice of gasses (including trimix) and gear (OC or CC).
Are you an Instructor? Then use DivePAL with your students to graphically demonstrate what happens during a dive AND to show in action the model-specific dive computer they will be using during their OW certification dives.
Wherever your dive journey will take you, DivePAL will be there for you!
See the products chart for details on supported features by version.

DivePAL is multi-platform
PC? Mac? iPad? Android? No problem! With DivePAL you will be able to easily move your data from one platform to the other while maintaining a consistent Graphical User Interface.
See the schedule chart for release date by platform.

Last edited:
Looks GREAT. Want it NOW :D

Want it for iPad, iPhone, MBP, and anything else I can put it on.

When? How much?

And do I have to buy 4 "different" licenses or can I buy 1 and use it on ALL my devices?

Thanks

Looks GREAT. Want it NOW :D...
Thanks!

..... Want it for .... iPhone, .....
No iPhone ..... screen is too small to draw a "reasonable" graph with your finger :D

..... When? ....
The basic version for Windows ... very very soon. Followed by the iPad version shortly after.
Will publish a schedule in a couple of week or so.

..... How much?.....
Basic version is free. And of course it will have some limitations (single dive, max depth, max dive time ....)
We haven't finalized yet prices for the whole family. But we are thinking single digit for the top version and the others distributed somehow in the range.

..... And do I have to buy 4 "different" licenses or can I buy 1 and use it on ALL my devices?
NO. Whatever "version" you buy, it will work across different platforms.

Sounds great. Look forward to it.

And FWIW, the NEW iPhone 5 is supposed to have a 5" screen if that helps lol.

(J/K - maybe a 4" screen at best, but I see your point)

And to that point I say "Boooooooooooooo" lol

The Basic version of divePAL (Windows) is available for FREE download HERE
Just download the installer and run it.

Aldo there is no need to log-in with DiveComputerTraining.com to use the basic version of divePAL, it is still a good idea to do it anyway so the program can load up the dive computers you have signed up for - or got for free - time limited use.
When you enroll in a model-specific dive computer online class, that computer - if supported by divePAL - will be automatically added to divePAL for 30 days.

Check forum for updated list of dive computers supported by the Basic version of divePAL

Although it's clearly still kind of preliminary (I'd like to dive something other than an Al80 :) ), this is a VERY cool program, and one we will tell our students about, once it has a bit more flexibility to it.

Although it's clearly still kind of preliminary.....
yup ... the only version before Beta was Alpha :wink:

....I'd like to dive something other than an Al80 .....
Yes indeed. And we were planning to add more tank selections in the FULL version.
Isn't an AL80 enough for OW students?

.....once it has a bit more flexibility to it.
What else would you like to see added to the Basic version?
Since the Basic version is FREE, we would like to keep minimalist and so have a clear differentiation from the Full, Nitrox and Tech versions.

Let me know which dive computer (among the Veo 1.0, Veo 2.0, Gekko and Zoop) I should add to your profile.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Tried to install the Beta version and was told that it wasn't a windows compatible program. I've now installed eDiving, is that required for divePal?

I don't think eDiving is needed; I just downloaded DivePal.

I use a Liquivision X1.

Our students in Puget Sound don't use Al80s. NOBODY I know uses Al80s in Puget Sound -- the weight penalty is too high. They start with HP72s, and that's what they can rent from the shop we work for. If they train with us privately, they'll be using steel 80s or 95s for the most part.

I really like the fact that the student can input his profile and see what happens to his gas supply as the dive progresses. The graphic display is fantastic for getting across the lesson that gas disappears faster as you go deeper. Cool program!

I've downloaded the installer 4 times. My computer gives me the standard warning and I say yes I want to run it, then nothing (even on task manager) also the installer file is 0 bytes. Oh, I use a Veo 100....

I'd really like to use this with my scout divers. The idea sounds great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom