Online/e-learning courses with captioning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

augurs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm deaf so I'd like to know in advance which certification agencies and the like have captioning for their online content. I recently bought a computer and was given a free NAUI e-Learning course and the site says they have some sort of real-time captioning workaround which looks great but what about the other agencies?

And I'd like to know about eDiving computer training too because I think I'll be getting a free course on how to use my computer after I register it with the manufacturer. I was going to contact them to ask but got a 404 when I tried to click the link to the contact form so...

I'd like to know what agencies don't provide captioning for their videos/DVDs too (for in-person courses) so I can avoid them. I'd prefer to only support those who do, if possible.

Greetings Augurs,

Not sure if this will help? But I have a friend that works as a translator at a call center and a local collage for the hearing the impaired. He may be able to help or at least offer solution.
Let me know if it is worth a shot, And we will try and hook you up.

Good Divin
SoCalRich

Thanks for the offer, but this isn't what interpreters do, captioning is a different thing entirely.

I could hire an interpreter to interpret the whole e-learning thing but it'd be very expensive and kind of a waste of money when existing captions (like PADI and NAUI have) will do the job. However if I was taking the class in person, that's when I would use an interpreter. The reason why I'm asking is to find out which agencies already offer captions so I know which agencies to go to if I want to do a class via e-learning.

Back
Top Bottom