Vasectomy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reddiver970

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone know how soon you can return to diving after a vasectomy, I understand about no heavy lifting, if diving a drysuit any other concerns?

As soon as you can go back to work, you can dive.
As the Vas are (supposed to be) sealed though cauterization and tied, aside from any discomfort, there should be no problem with diving.
I could tell you stories of complications that would have you grimacing on the floor! :)

scubafritz, thanks for the info.. thanks for keeping the stories to yourself at least until I am recovered.

Only have one during football season. You will then have an excuse to sit in front of the TV in your underwear with a cold beer between your legs.

When your wife says anything, just point and say, this was for YOU!

Trust me...take the 3 days of couch and the extra 4 of no heavy lifting...again trust me!!...you don't want to have to go through it twice!!!!

The vasectomy is the easy part. About a week of tenderness and you are good to go.

I was circumcised when I was 8 days old. It hurt so bad I couldn't walk for a year!!:D

The vasectomy is the easy part. About a week of tenderness and you are good to go.

I was circumcised when I was 8 days old. It hurt so bad I couldn't walk for a year!!:D

That is to funny!

Trust me...take the 3 days of couch and the extra 4 of no heavy lifting...again trust me!!...you don't want to have to go through it twice!!!!

I don't want to go through it once! I 'll take your word for it.

Maybe not diving...but I took my boat out the next day...2 to 3 ft chop for 6 hours...I swelled soooo bad...Listen to everyone that says take it easy for few days....then you should be back to diving within a week

Back
Top Bottom