Save-A-Dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a double sided plastic tool box by Stanley, basically two trays that flip vertical and the middle section is 2" wide drawers that go all the way through. Its not big enough to put a spare second stage in though, so I'm shopping for something else too.

I was using a watertight clear plastic tube thingie, but as I've added various wrenches, packets of zipties, extra carbiners, a Gerber multi-tool, a scuba multi-tool, plus the usual assortment of mouthpieces, O-rings, and fin and mask straps and buckles, it's clearly time to get a bigger kit box.

Soft sided tackle box.

Two plastic trays with lots of compartments for odds and ends that fit inside, couple of zip pouches, net pouches inside and out. Come in all sizes. Think it cost me $20 - $30 any place that sells fishing gear will have them.

I use a tool box, but a buddy of mine uses a small fishing tackle box with three teir trays. and it's a little smaller then your standard sneaker shoe box.

Pelican 1050 box
in it
A scubatool
An adjustable wrench ( english wrench )
a set of o-rings ( including an air spool for my computer and some regulator o-rings ) the stopper plugs for my first stage and dust covers for the hoses ( should i need to leave one on the boat )
a variety of zip ties. ( small ones to fix mouthpieces and the likes and large ones for other stuff)
a small roll of duct tape for small and large emergencies
diagonal cutters
a small jar of silicone grease for o-rings ( camera and the likes )
a flashy LED watchmacallit to hang off my first stage on night dives
2 spare dive computer battery's individually vacuum sealed ( using a kitchen 'foodsaver' machine )
spare flashy led thingy battery
spare fin and mask strap
spare fuses ( 10 amp and 15 amp in a couple of formats )
hose clamps ( the adjustable stainless steel ones )
some Bungee cord
some nylon rope
couple of boltsnaps with d-rings.

my 'Mcgyver' box have saved me ( and more oftne others) a couple of times from not doing a dive.

any other accessry idea's welcome

bottle of tequila or rum works :D sorry Frank:)

Man I missed post nine by this much.....hey I got it. :D

Back
Top Bottom