How difficult to alter TLS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a TLS that was special ordered for me. It was sized to allow for heavy undergarments typical of North East diving. I do not really do NE diving anymore but would love to be able to use it for the tropics. I am a real cold water wuss. Unfortunately in its current state it is too big for me since with tropical diving I wear only a pair of under armor.

What would be the cost and logistics of getting it sized. If not I am not sure how easy it would be to sell as there are not a lot of people my height and shape needing suits. (5'4" and 160 lbs)

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig66,

Let me say that it's not impossible. It is just cost prohibitive.

Have you tried diving the suit in the tropical temperatures? I'm assuming yes and that the under armor is enough insulation for you.

Kathy, thanks for the reply. I have tried but alas its just uncomfortably large with only a thin under armor. Thanks. Craig

Hi Craig -

Have you tried wearing something just a tad heavier? I'm not sure if that is an option or not. If you could wear something a bit heavier you might just try it. It sounds like the squeeze is causing something discomfort??? Maybe something like a sweatshirt weight would be more comfortable. Just a thought.

I wonder if anyone else has a suggestion?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom